Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How nice is this stock?!

How nice is this stock?!

Hi all.. As you may know I recently converted my huntsman to .20 so I could use it in barns as well as fields as well as target, plinking and maybe eventually some competition. it seems to be working really well (when it's not shooting off because I bent the shroud)!. But all in all the "One Gun" idea seems to be shaping nicely so.. I'm thinking of commissioning a custom stock especially for the rifle with the above philosophy... It is my only PCP (until it flipping breaks & I threaten it with buying a hatsan to replace it!) and I think that this shape/style of stock covers all the bases for its multiple use, and drool factor.

I want to do it in the forest green & brown laminate like my 77 & I reckon with a bit of shaving down on the fore grip it could be the perfect all round stock for my all round 20cal huntsman.. what do you think?
    Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

meh...

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    Looking good.

The rifle in the picture is the now discontinued Tikka T3 sporter. It was apparently made for those that wanted a "competitive hunting" stock which is right up my street.
    Here's another pic:

And I want it done in this colour laminate:

Maybe have the fore end reduced slightly.....
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

If it is the huntsman stock I think it is wouldn't it get pretty close if you got someone to fit an adjustable butt pad and cheek piece for you? It wouldn't tickle your laminate fetish though.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    If it is the huntsman stock I think it is wouldn't it get pretty close if you got someone to fit an adjustable butt pad and cheek piece for you? It wouldn't tickle your laminate fetish though.
    Errrrr.... Maybe... The thing is for me, the angle of the pistol grip I want is the same as my cs800 theoben evolve like this one:

And the huntsman classic looks like this:

And the tikka:

Now I love the look of the huntsman but I've never liked the shooting position of the stock or the cheek piece. So I figured a tikka T3 style stock with the dimensions of my theoben stock in my h77 colour laminate would really pull something really special out of the bag for me.
    The short answer is no.. it wouldn't bring me close enough for a few reasons & fetishism is definitely part of it
    Last edited by rhyslightnin; 08-07-2018 at 09:54 PM. Reason: Extra pic :-)

If that's what you like then get one,
    It's your gun, who cares what anyone else thinks.

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Sako do a similar stock in the quad.

Master Debater

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Sako do a similar stock in the quad.

Isn't that the same? Looks identical to me...

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    Isn't that the same? Looks identical to me...
    Same country.

And Sako make Tikka rifles IIRC.

I'm guessing a little smaller and it's brown laminate not coloured.
    Master Debater

They look lovely.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Same country.

And Sako make Tikka rifles IIRC.

I'm guessing a little smaller and it's brown laminate not coloured.
    Ahhhhhhhh... That makes sense. It's likely then that it is the same cut but different colour & size.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Too many edges, corners and "sharp bits" to catch on your clothing for a comfortable practical sporter stock for me Rhys, stick with your Daystate stock, much more practical.
    “An airgun or two”………

Here you go, Rhys:
    https://www.grsriflestocks.com/
    These can be supplied with a blank inlet, so you can drop pretty much any action inside. A quick call to Warren Edwards would see it sorted.
    Failing that, draw out your design and give it to Warren to knock up for you, he’s a great bloke to deal with.
    Cheers, Craig
    Put on heading 270, assume attack formation

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post

what do you think?

image.jpeg