Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How nice is this stock?!

Well it seems we share similar tastes. I to prefer a more upright pistol grip and really like these sporter/sniper/target style hybrids. In fact I have been considering making a semi target stock for my QB78DL so these pictures will get added to my inspiration

So ignore my earlier post, go for it!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

I think you should of bought an ultimate sporter then you would of only had to change the cal.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    I think you should of bought an ultimate sporter then you would of only had to change the cal.
    Yeah.. maybe. But I bought the huntsman first & I love the action, quiet very very easy to service. So I've decided to just go through the motions of making it exactly like I want it. I could sell up & buy a 510 but I'd have to learn the gun over. Plus a .20 wouldn't be a few bits I could just buy & swap over. With the huntsman it's only a barrel, probe & probe guide that you have to change & I've still got the .177 bits should I wish to swap back. I couldn't do that with an air arms without major smithing work.
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    https://media.giphy.com/media/p7P7DoB3SblYY/200.gif

Wondering when I might have another "gif off" with you Mick maybe I'll get a new tag line again
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

Not keen then, Mick?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Just for T20..

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    heavy for a sporter
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    heavy for a sporter
    Mmmmmmm.. yes quite possibly & this really is the bit that I'd be gambling on.. I guess I could find a weight I'm looking for, like my R10.. then weigh my action out of the stock, then I know what weight to specify to the stock maker. I like the lines of the T3 but it doesn't have to be exactly the same. Maybe slimmer, with weight saving holes like the fenman profile just to get it right.
    Great point though JB definitely worth considering in the design process thanks!

I had the pretty much the same stock on my sako finnefire range, very nice and I was very good with it kneeling at 50 yards even if I do say so myself!
    They are quite big and heavy but I like it. Treat yourself!
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500