Thread: Identify this scope please?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thats the thing they were horribly expensive at the time. Quite why Optim put it their range I have no idea. I believe Hakko put in some great glass and people who looked through them were impressed especially as they were in such a small package.
    The Beeman Blue Ribbon range, well I think that is what they were called and were the same initially. Later I think they were manufactured elsewhere and somewhere lost some of the optical gloss along the way. Happy to be proved wrong but thats what I think happened.

I've had a few older Hakko badged scopes that were outstanding, and far superior to other stuff banged for other people. When Hakko wanted to they could do a very bright crisp scope. However, most of their scopes were badged for others and had to match the target market's pocket, which generally meant less good. Not bad but not great.
    I do like an Optima for 80's rifles as they were one range highly marketed and hyped in the air rifle magazines of the day. If you have an 80's rifle they are at least authentic.

The odd scope from those times did just jump out at being exceptional. Most weren't, just average good. Some more hype than form. The bigger the scope the more disappointing many were. Even when finding good on the next year they might not have been the same, as something was done to keep to the target price. Just how it was in the swift and ever changing market.
    Last edited by Muskett; 11-07-2018 at 02:17 PM.