Thread: Pistol choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Gamo Compact is a nice basic target pistol, single stroke pneumatic, adjustable grips & less than £200 new.

Quote Originally Posted by NeilnrLincoln View Post
    Gamo Compact is a nice basic target pistol, single stroke pneumatic, adjustable grips & less than £200 new.
    Nice one thanks, will check that out

Look at the Lov 21. You'll have £200 change from your budget.
    It's a single shot CO2 pistol that is accurate and powerful enough to punch clean holes
    In targets at 10M. Very accurate too.
    The Mayor: Intent? How did you establish that?
    Harry Callahan: When a man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher’s knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn’t out collecting for the Red Cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Inspector 71 View Post
    Look at the Lov 21. You'll have £200 change from your budget.
    It's a single shot CO2 pistol that is accurate and powerful enough to punch clean holes
    In targets at 10M. Very accurate too.
    Thanks not heard of that, I'll take a look

Hi,
    if you're going to be using a scope then the pp700sa is hard to beat for the price, extremely accurate and very powerful. Open sights are useless on it though, so no good for 10 meter target.

I do pistol hft with open sights, so if you can find a good PCP with open sights you can use it for both.

It needs to be relatively powerful to knock down hft targets, and a 45+ shot count to make it round the course.

I use a 1983 semi-recoiless spring powered Feinwerkbau 90 (electronic trigger) for HFT and the missus uses a scoped pp700sa and we do pretty well.

Cheers,
    Matt.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Hi,
    if you're going to be using a scope then the pp700sa is hard to beat for the price, extremely accurate and very powerful. Open sights are useless on it though, so no good for 10 meter target.

I do pistol hft with open sights, so if you can find a good PCP with open sights you can use it for both.

It needs to be relatively powerful to knock down hft targets, and a 45+ shot count to make it round the course.

I use a 1983 semi-recoiless spring powered Feinwerkbau 90 (electronic trigger) for HFT and the missus uses a scoped pp700sa and we do pretty well.

Cheers,
    Matt.
    Thanks Matt

May I ask what scope your other half uses on the PP700sa

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Kennett View Post
    Thanks Matt

May I ask what scope your other half uses on the PP700sa
    It’s an AGS 2x20. Not expensive but perfectly adequate.
    It’s one you have to hold at full arms length to get the sight picture, as she prefers this position when shooting two handed, but they do a variety.

A lot of people fit rifle scopes to pistols for hft, then rest the pistol in the crook of their supporting arm and bring the scope right up their eye. We prefer the ‘weaver’ stance as it seems like a more natural pistol shooting stance, but each to there own.

Cheers,
    Matt.