Thread: Return to shooting with a FX Wildcat

Return to shooting with a FX Wildcat

Hi guys, been a few years since I've been on here, started fiddling with my collection again recently and invariably I want a new rifle, in fact I actually NEED a new rifle this time! My obsession with riding and racing mountain bikes over the last few years has left me with limited use of my left shoulder and as I'm right handed I'm struggling to shoot freestanding due to the weakness in that plane of force. I'm eying up the FX Wildcat as a potential solution to the problem, I've read all the reviews and yep, it seems to fit the bill, very light, short, accurate, well made, decent shot count, so the point of the post is to muse on which stock, I really like the laminate but it's over £300 more than the black synthetic which frankly, is crazy, problem is if I go for the standard stock I know I'll always lust after the laminate and it will always seem like second best..

So, has anyone owned or used the variants? I'm interested in your opinion, there's a walnut option too which sits in the middle price wise, guns are for looking at as well as shooting in my eyes.

Thanks in advance for your consideration, much appreciated.

Chris

I have the Wildcat in the synthetic stock,the other types weren't an option when I got my one.
    I would still pick the black synthetic stock(but that's just me)over the the others.
    I think you will get on great with the Wildcat regarding shooting unsupported ,it's low weight and close to the body style makes it very easy to shoulder.I find it a bit to light weight for me, but I am used to shooting heavy weight springers most of the time.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I have the Wildcat in the synthetic stock,the other types weren't an option when I got my one.
    I would still pick the black synthetic stock(but that's just me)over the the others.
    I think you will get on great with the Wildcat regarding shooting unsupported ,it's low weight and close to the body style makes it very easy to shoulder.I find it a bit to light weight for me, but I am used to shooting heavy weight springers most of the time.
    Les..

Great, thanks Les, that confirms my thinking.

Chris

I have a Mk1, and am a lefty. Whilst the rifle (blackm synthetic stock) is very consistent I do struggle to get a good cheek weld with it. It's accurate, light, pointable a everything you need, just not as natural as some of my other rifles when bringing it up into the shoulder.

I would recommend you try this before buying. If it's not a problem for you then they are a very nice piece of kit.

Thanks
    Tim B

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisstares View Post
    Great, thanks Les, that confirms my thinking.

Chris
    You are welcome Chris
    As Tim as mentioned, shoulder one and see if the gun suits you or not.
    Atb
    Les..

ive just put a thread up about getting a wild cat before finding this one ,they look great guns

Thanks for the advice guys, where were you thinking of sourcing one Rapidresponse1?

Don’t get influenced much by paid advertisements on youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by krisko View Post
    Don’t get influenced much by paid advertisements on youtube.

Yep, I know, it's been through my 'cynicism filter' but still really suits me due to shoulder injury and is probably the best bullpup on the market, overpriced? Probably but then I spend £6K on a mountain bike, single and with adult children I'm a sucker for nice shiny things!

Make sure you shoulder a wildcat with a scope on. With Bullpups some people are unable to get a decent cheek weld and decent eye relief.