Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
Hmmm. Tricky one that. I'm no.marketing guru but it does beg the question does it make financial sense to offer what are basically the same model gun alongside each other in the manufacturer's range? I'm not uber familiar with the 35 or the 27 but would guess that the S series has better cosmetically pleasing lines? Only by seeing the prices of each back in.the day could one make a judgement as to whether the extra you were paying for was worth it?
But is there more to this? In doing a little research other evening I stumbled on a thread possibly from right here that seems to suggest that in respect of the 35 at least its possible that it had a different piston set up on the S variant quite likely with a view to higher power output. If I recall BSA achieved the same by giving a nicer stock n stronger mainspring on the Super Meteor model.
I would certainly be interested if someone in the know could throw some light on any possible differences in.the action??
Dave
I have never had either apart but I know Chambers list different pistons for 35 and 35S, the 35 item having a part no and that of the S being N/A. To me, the piston rod on the S looks shorter, which may give thst gun a slightly longer stroke.