Reading this thread a few weeks back got me thinking of the gap in my Diana collection. The two guns I admired from Diana from my youth was the 45 and the 35 and more specifically the 35s. Ive got a few 45s now but not a 35.

On impulse I contacted a gun shop down Brighton way and was soon.parting with some hard earned in exchange for a 35s.
Having spent a week at the Royal Welsh show it was only this morning that I could pick the gun up from my local gun shop.

I have to say what a cracking well made gun they are. The bluing is excellent and would put many modern guns to shame. There is not a hint of plastic anywhere and the stock is well designed and is clearly the inspiration for the RWS 45. I like the fact that the cocking slot is kept short due to the articulated cocking link. Cocking the gun requires minimal effort and is smooth and silent and not at all graunchy. The latch up of the trigger was so smooth and silent I held the barrel as I couldn't hear any sound of the piston engaging the trigger. Firing the gun you get a solid thump, but with soft recoil and no spring twang. Something sadly missing in most modern factory fresh guns.

This one is dated 08 82 and I think its late in.production. I'm surprised by the arc rotation of the barrel when cocking. I honestly thought it had a shorter stroke than it has. Power is average between 9-10 depending on pellets, but I'm not overly keen to up the power at the expense of smoothness. But I'd say it wont break into too much of a sweat up around 11.

Very impressed with the gun and I have to say after all these years of hankering after one it appears to be all I anticipated it would be. I've not taken it to test for accuracy but I suspect I won't be disappointed there either if the right pellet is arrived at.
Another classic to go in the rack and accompany me on a future squirrel hunt methinks.
Dave