Thread: BSA Scorpion SE with 325mm cylinder?

BSA Scorpion SE with 325mm cylinder?

Anybody know how many shots in 177 you get from the longer cylinder.

And how many are in the sweet spot?

Is it worth the expense of fitting the longer cylinder, do you think?

Is it possible for an RFD to get hold of one of the longer FAC barrels to go with the cylinder, so you don't have to buy a thin silencer to clear the cylinder with the normal sized barrel?

Replies gratefully received, especially from those with personal experience.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Xtx air sell a barrel extension with a 1/2 unf male and female thread made to suit bsa barrels to help with fitting silencers after a cylinder extension. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply.

I imagine it's some sort of bull barrel type shroud.

Not keen on them myself.

Prefer the bare barrel with a decent silencer on the end.
    Arthur

No it's not a bull barrel shroud it's just a 40 or 55mm barrel extension you just screw it on. It's just the same width as a standard bsa barrel then you just screw on the 1/2 unf silencer of your choice. I saw these in xtx eshop only because I'm thinking of extending my ultra cylinder...

The barrel extension from XTX is nothing to do with shrouds etc. It is exactly the same diameter as the barrel, look on his website, I have one on my Scorpion T10 looks ok and allows me to fit a normal silencer, but as I recently put a longer air cylinder on my Goldstar SE I bought a Parker Hale silencer, they are the only slim one I know of and at £24.99 I'm sure it will be much cheaper than considering changing the barrel.
    As far as shot count goes I cant answer that as my Scorpion is Tench regged and my Goldstar SE is BSA regged but if your current cylinder is as I suspect 250mm long and you buy the 325mm cylinder you should get 37% more shots from it. Best deal on air cylinders I found was Airtech.
    John
    Someone said house work wont kill you, but I say 'why take that chance'
    www.airgunshooter.co.uk

Thanks lads, for correcting my false assumption, and for your other observations.
    Arthur

My .177 Scorpion se has the larger 325mm cylinder fitted and a regulator.
    From 200 bar down to 100 bar i'm getting 120-130 shots. I'd get more if I took it down to the pressure the regulator is set at but with that shot count ive no need.

*edit*
    I got around the silencer issue by fitting a 27mm shroud with built in air stripper. Its even quieter than before when I had the HW silencer on it.

regards

Paul
    Scorpion SE Tactical .177"Airtech'd" - S410 Classic .177 -TX200 .177 - Walther LGU .22 - 1961 BSA Meteor .177 -HW97KT "welsh Willy kit" -Hatsan Striker .25 -Milbro G36 .177

Thanks for the information.
    Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty2493 View Post
    My .177 Scorpion se has the larger 325mm cylinder fitted and a regulator.
    From 200 bar down to 100 bar i'm getting 120-130 shots. I'd get more if I took it down to the pressure the regulator is set at but with that shot count ive no need.

*edit*
    I got around the silencer issue by fitting a 27mm shroud with built in air stripper. Its even quieter than before when I had the HW silencer on it.

regards

Paul
    Where did you purchase the shroud?