Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fwb 124/127 spring sizes

fwb 124/127 spring sizes

Has anyone fitted non standard springs to the 124/127 to get a better fit and shot cycle than the OE spring ?

Currently have a 124 in bits and looking to try a different spring. The one that came out of mine is non OE at 290 long, 3.1 wire, 14.5 id and 20.8 od. I feel thats a bit long for that spec though it shot very well.

Thanks Rob
    B.A.S.C. member

Last edited by GB2017; 11-07-2018 at 07:03 AM. Reason: added urls

I put a V-Mach spring in my Fwb sport,it was a nice snug fit on the steel guide and not much pre- load for a much improved shot cycle over standard spring set up( no twang either).
    Atb
    Les.

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I put a V-Mach spring in my Fwb sport,it was a nice snug fit on the steel guide and not much pre- load for a much improved shot cycle over standard spring set up( no twang either).
    Atb
    Les.
    This sounds interesting Les, I've got a nice 127 and though not stripped, my 70's 127 had massive preload, how much with the V Mach kit ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Yes, I have an ox in mine. Properly cut to size and running at 11.5fpe it gives a nice shot cycle. Also look at Maccari at Air Rifle Headquarters. They still do 127 kits

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Yes, I have an ox in mine. Properly cut to size and running at 11.5fpe it gives a nice shot cycle. Also look at Maccari at Air Rifle Headquarters. They still do 127 kits
    Funnily enough, that is just what I did, they used to sell a replacement trigger which was supposed to be very good, not sure they still do it
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    This sounds interesting Les, I've got a nice 127 and though not stripped, my 70's 127 had massive preload, how much with the V Mach kit ?
    Hi Martyn
    I did my fwb about 6 years ago with the v- Mach kit, I am not sure how much it is now??£65 ish possibly.
    My comprised of- mainspring-piston sleave(metal)-steel top- hat-piston seal-pre load washers, lubes and instructions. It made a big improvement on my gun.
    Look on V- Mach web page or give Steve a call.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    It shoots Bob on ,thanks again for giving me a go , shoots better than mine didn't get to try Mr Allam 's but there is a chap on here gtfreight I think who has done a very fine job on his. Mallyally on here too has a very well set up gun he mAy be able to offer some thoughts.

Hi Martyn
    I did my fwb about 6 years ago with the v- Mach kit, I am not sure how much it is now??£65 ish possibly.
    My comprised of- mainspring-piston sleave(metal)-steel top- hat-piston seal-pre load washers, lubes and instructions. It made a big improvement on my gun.
    Look on V- Mach web page or give Steve a call.
    Les..
    I can also vouch for the V-Mach. I recently put one in mine and I can't believe the difference from standard. There is little enough pre-load to enable me to fit the spring without a compressor.
    I think I paid around £80 for it. Excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    It shoots Bob on ,thanks again for giving me a go , shoots better than mine didn't get to try Mr Allam 's but there is a chap on here gtfreight I think who has done a very fine job on his. Mallyally on here too has a very well set up gun he mAy be able to offer some thoughts.
    You're more than welcome. I'd like to have taken the credit for it but it was fitted when I bought it. I tidied everything else but it shot so nicely I didn't think to change it.

Cheers all, for the input.
    Does anyone have the spec on the v-mach spring ?
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I can also vouch for the V-Mach. I recently put one in mine and I can't believe the difference from standard. There is little enough pre-load to enable me to fit the spring without a compressor.
    I think I paid around £80 for it. Excellent.
    That's handy to know, I'll take a look at that

Atb
    Les.
    I have had the pleasure of trying this rifle out and it shoots beautifully smoothly.

Can you bring it to the next Bash please, Les?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have had the pleasure of trying this rifle out and it shoots beautifully smoothly.

Can you bring it to the next Bash please, Les?
    Will do Tony,I have a couple of new (for me)guns that I want your opion on,that I will bring along as well..
    Atb
    Les..

Well I've had a chat with Dave Price and he's sending me a spring. Hopeful with this one.
    B.A.S.C. member