Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: fwb 124/127 spring sizes

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    bideford
    Posts
    1,428

    fwb 124/127 spring sizes

    Has anyone fitted non standard springs to the 124/127 to get a better fit and shot cycle than the OE spring ?

    Currently have a 124 in bits and looking to try a different spring. The one that came out of mine is non OE at 290 long, 3.1 wire, 14.5 id and 20.8 od. I feel thats a bit long for that spec though it shot very well.

    Thanks Rob
    some rifles, not too many but definitely not enough

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    uxbridge
    Posts
    142
    Last edited by GB2017; 11-07-2018 at 07:03 AM. Reason: added urls
    S410 / HW97 / Prosport / tx200 / lgu / lgv / bobcat2 / fwb300s / fwb300su / fwb601
    Good Buys from Marky74 / macmerc / Deltawing / ev2uk / Cpt Shed / rsrjerry & Sales to Duff / Jimbo97 / mk3huntsmansam / Lewis1010 / Happydude / ShedTuner / nottsandy

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    barking essex
    Posts
    1,579
    I put a V-Mach spring in my Fwb sport,it was a nice snug fit on the steel guide and not much pre- load for a much improved shot cycle over standard spring set up( no twang either).
    Atb
    Les.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollesley, near Woodbridge
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I put a V-Mach spring in my Fwb sport,it was a nice snug fit on the steel guide and not much pre- load for a much improved shot cycle over standard spring set up( no twang either).
    Atb
    Les.
    This sounds interesting Les, I've got a nice 127 and though not stripped, my 70's 127 had massive preload, how much with the V Mach kit ?
    Theoben E Type .22 Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,535
    Yes, I have an ox in mine. Properly cut to size and running at 11.5fpe it gives a nice shot cycle. Also look at Maccari at Air Rifle Headquarters. They still do 127 kits

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollesley, near Woodbridge
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Yes, I have an ox in mine. Properly cut to size and running at 11.5fpe it gives a nice shot cycle. Also look at Maccari at Air Rifle Headquarters. They still do 127 kits
    Funnily enough, that is just what I did, they used to sell a replacement trigger which was supposed to be very good, not sure they still do it
    Theoben E Type .22 Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    barking essex
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    This sounds interesting Les, I've got a nice 127 and though not stripped, my 70's 127 had massive preload, how much with the V Mach kit ?
    Hi Martyn
    I did my fwb about 6 years ago with the v- Mach kit, I am not sure how much it is now??65 ish possibly.
    My comprised of- mainspring-piston sleave(metal)-steel top- hat-piston seal-pre load washers, lubes and instructions. It made a big improvement on my gun.
    Look on V- Mach web page or give Steve a call.
    Les..

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    St Helens
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalBee View Post
    Yes, I have an ox in mine. Properly cut to size and running at 11.5fpe it gives a nice shot cycle. Also look at Maccari at Air Rifle Headquarters. They still do 127 kits
    It shoots Bob on ,thanks again for giving me a go , shoots better than mine didn't get to try Mr Allam 's but there is a chap on here gtfreight I think who has done a very fine job on his. Mallyally on here too has a very well set up gun he mAy be able to offer some thoughts.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rochdale
    Posts
    873
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi Martyn
    I did my fwb about 6 years ago with the v- Mach kit, I am not sure how much it is now??65 ish possibly.
    My comprised of- mainspring-piston sleave(metal)-steel top- hat-piston seal-pre load washers, lubes and instructions. It made a big improvement on my gun.
    Look on V- Mach web page or give Steve a call.
    Les..
    I can also vouch for the V-Mach. I recently put one in mine and I can't believe the difference from standard. There is little enough pre-load to enable me to fit the spring without a compressor.
    I think I paid around 80 for it. Excellent.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hereford
    Posts
    1,535
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    It shoots Bob on ,thanks again for giving me a go , shoots better than mine didn't get to try Mr Allam 's but there is a chap on here gtfreight I think who has done a very fine job on his. Mallyally on here too has a very well set up gun he mAy be able to offer some thoughts.
    You're more than welcome. I'd like to have taken the credit for it but it was fitted when I bought it. I tidied everything else but it shot so nicely I didn't think to change it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    bideford
    Posts
    1,428
    Cheers all, for the input.
    Does anyone have the spec on the v-mach spring ?
    some rifles, not too many but definitely not enough

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hollesley, near Woodbridge
    Posts
    1,168
    Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I can also vouch for the V-Mach. I recently put one in mine and I can't believe the difference from standard. There is little enough pre-load to enable me to fit the spring without a compressor.
    I think I paid around 80 for it. Excellent.
    That's handy to know, I'll take a look at that
    Theoben E Type .22 Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Retford, Notts
    Posts
    19,781
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I put a V-Mach spring in my Fwb sport,it was a nice snug fit on the steel guide and not much pre- load for a much improved shot cycle over standard spring set up( no twang either).
    Atb
    Les.
    I have had the pleasure of trying this rifle out and it shoots beautifully smoothly.

    Can you bring it to the next Bash please, Les?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- SEPT. 8/9, 2018. BOING!!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    barking essex
    Posts
    1,579
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I have had the pleasure of trying this rifle out and it shoots beautifully smoothly.

    Can you bring it to the next Bash please, Les?
    Will do Tony,I have a couple of new (for me)guns that I want your opion on,that I will bring along as well..
    Atb
    Les..

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    bideford
    Posts
    1,428
    Well I've had a chat with Dave Price and he's sending me a spring. Hopeful with this one.
    some rifles, not too many but definitely not enough

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •