Thread: scamma on guntrader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

scamma on guntrader

just seen a webley alecto mk3 for £80 on guntrader uk. which i thought was too good to be true, i offered him £85 posted, he agreed.i offered paypal for payment he says his paypal is broken can you do bank transfer, i say no only paypal for my protection. he says sold elsewhere haha, name Fortnite Blazers
    danielmulhall28@gmail.com

PayPal

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    just seen a webley alecto mk3 for £80 on guntrader uk. which i thought was too good to be true, i offered him £85 posted, he agreed.i offered paypal for payment he says his paypal is broken can you do bank transfer, i say no only paypal for my protection. he says sold elsewhere haha, name Fortnite Blazers
    PayPal won't pay out on guns anyway so no protection with it.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    PayPal won't pay out on guns anyway so no protection with it.
    yes they do ive been there before,and got paid out for a black star i was scammed on freeadds with,

You were lucky with PayPal that time but others have had their accounts closed when they find out its firearms related. And they class airguns as firearms

From BAR's website

PLEASE NOTE:
    DUE TO PAYPAL POLICIES, WE ARE UNABLE TO ACCEPT PAYPAL AS A PAYMENT METHOD FOR THE PURCHASE OF ANY AIR RIFLE, PISTOL OR SILENCER
    THESE ITEMS CAN BE PURCHASED ONLINE VIA CREDIT/DEBIT CARD OR BANK TRANSFER
    Last edited by bighit; 11-07-2018 at 11:49 AM.

Therefore it seems strange that a certain online classified site should offer sellers paypal as a means of taking payment for airguns,bladed instruments etc?.

i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    It hardly makes him a scammer now does it, many people have issues with PayPal does that make them a scammer?. If you had definite proof the guy was a scammer then OK but it seems wrong accusing someone and publishing his details given the circumstances you describe.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

"My Paypal is broken" is a pretty good sign to avoid the person. Ashamed to admit I have been suckered the same way.

I was self employed.
    If I didn't wish to work for you you couldn't make me.

Businesses can and do make their own rules.
    Whatever we may think of them.
    See Ryanair.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I was self employed.
    If I didn't wish to work for you you couldn't make me.

Businesses can and do make their own rules.
    Whatever we may think of them.
    See Ryanair.
    Depends on what basis you made that decision. If you stated that it was because I was white/black/brown you would be in serious trouble. Yes I couldn't make you work for me but I would make sure you didn't work for anyone else again. (Not a personal thing just a hypothetical case)

I am surprised how defensive people are about these scumbag companies.

BTW I know about the Royal Mail proposal to ban shipping airguns some years ago. I was a contributor to the consultation feedback.

PS Paypal allow me to deposit cash. I can use it to pay for goods in the future. IN MY OPINION that makes them more a bank than an escrow service and they should behave like a bank.
    Last edited by TenMetrePeter; 12-07-2018 at 11:07 AM.

[QUOTE=TenMetrePeter;7529191]Depends on what basis you made that decision. If you stated that it was because I was white/black/brown you would be in serious trouble. Yes I couldn't make you work for me but I would make sure you didn't work for anyone else again. (Not a personal thing just a hypothetical case)

I’m retired so you’ve missed that opportunity.