Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: scamma on guntrader

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Can't see how Paypal have leg to stand on to refuse to pay compensation when they offer themselves as a payment option to sellers on Freeads....
    Then frankly you must be a bit dim they offer the service to the site not personally to each individual transaction

ANY private company can set any legal terms they wish, it is the users responsibility to ensure that they comply with those terms, and if the user breaches those terms tough !
    same as you can refuse to accept a particular method of payment if you wish to, or if selling something you can chose who you sell to.

It's called freedom of choice and if you chose to use it, then by doing so, you agree to abide by their terms.

In my case, I don't have a Pay Pal account, so if I buy or sell anything, it's either going to be bank transfer, cash on collection, or an old fashioned cheque - does this make me a scammer?

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by SuffolkRifle View Post
    In my case, I don't have a Pay Pal account, so if I buy or sell anything, it's either going to be bank transfer, cash on collection, or an old fashioned cheque - does this make me a scammer?
    Exactly the point I made earlier mate.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Then frankly you must be a bit dim they offer the service to the site not personally to each individual transaction

ANY private company can set any legal terms they wish, it is the users responsibility to ensure that they comply with those terms, and if the user breaches those terms tough !
    same as you can refuse to accept a particular method of payment if you wish to, or if selling something you can chose who you sell to.

It's called freedom of choice and if you chose to use it, then by doing so, you agree to abide by their terms.
    Why be insulting to put your point across? Does it help?

I think it's not so clear cut for companies to weasel out of headline commitments about protecting you AFTER taking your money and then hiding behind buried terms and conditions.

Recent court-rulings would seem to back this up and some people's claims on here about PayPal paying out might support that PayPal themselves aren't 100% sure of their ground either.

I think if I was left considerably out of pocket I'd be very much testing the water here.

Quote Originally Posted by barrel View Post
    Exactly the point I made earlier mate.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    we were live messaging when i mentioned.paypal. when he said sold else where.two seconds later, and ha ha ha. i said you fing scammer. he said lol. so you think he was legit omg.

Why be insulting to put your point across? Does it help?

I think it's not so clear cut for companies to weasel out of headline commitments about protecting you AFTER taking your money and then hiding behind buried terms and conditions.

Recent court-rulings would seem to back this up and some people's claims on here about PayPal paying out might support that PayPal themselves aren't 100% sure of their ground either.

I think if I was left considerably out of pocket I'd be very much testing the water here.
    Because the point has been made politely & still seemingly you refuse to accept it

PP publish their terms,
    part of signing up for an account is to tick a box that you have read, understood & agree to those terms,

Yet you seem to think that someone who breaks those terms should be able to do so without repercussion, but the firm is "weaselling out" if they enforce them

There are two definitions of stupid;
    One is to repeat identical actions & expect a different outcome, the other is to break rules & expect no comeback.
    Last edited by angrybear; 14-07-2018 at 12:54 AM.

[QUOTE=TenMetrePeter;7529191]Depends on what basis you made that decision. If you stated that it was because I was white/black/brown you would be in serious trouble. Yes I couldn't make you work for me but I would make sure you didn't work for anyone else again. (Not a personal thing just a hypothetical case)

I’m retired so you’ve missed that opportunity.

harvey_s is online now Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Because the point has been made politely & still seemingly you refuse to accept it

PP publish their terms,
    part of signing up for an account is to tick a box that you have read, understood & agree to those terms,

Yet you seem to think that someone who breaks those terms should be able to do so without repercussion, but the firm is "weaselling out" if they enforce them

There are two definitions of stupid;
    One is to repeat identical actions & expect a different outcome, the other is to break rules & expect no comeback.
    Thankfully the law, doesn't have the same stick up it's ass that you have...

Terms and conditions have to be 'reasonable' and so try and pretend you're a new customer...have a look at paypal's site and try to see what they will and won't cover before you sign up.
    I can't see any exclusions...and that would be your due diligence.
    Therefore you might conclude that paypal does offer you the safety they are selling.
    Burying the information in some hidden page after you've signed up is not reasonable and would form the basis of the claim.

Stupid is also not thinking for yourself and repeatng everyone else's mistakes

Thankfully the law, doesn't have the same stick up it's ass that you have...

Terms and conditions have to be 'reasonable' and so try and pretend you're a new customer...have a look at paypal's site and try to see what they will and won't cover before you sign up.
    I can't see any exclusions...and that would be your due diligence.
    Therefore you might conclude that paypal does offer you the safety they are selling.
    Burying the information in some hidden page after you've signed up is not reasonable and would form the basis of the claim.

Stupid is also not thinking for yourself and repeatng everyone else's mistakes
    Well luckily for me I have both the experience & the common sense to know that "guns" are not everyday items in the eyes of both business & the general public,
    so whenever dealing with them I make the point to specifically ensure they don't fall foul of "small print".

Abiding by PP payment rules is no different to abiding by Royal Mail/Parcelforce shipping rules, It's the people caught flouting those rules who cause the rest of us problems.

But at least your last line is correct

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    i have claimed twice with a black star and a webley tracker, both on freeadds, linked paypal to the item i was scammed on and have been paid back both times. ive never come across a thread where the buyer as not been refunded,
    Scammed twice and you still buy ? The fact you appear tonhave got lucky twice as it is my understanding that the sale of weapons like those m3ntioned is contrary to the sites rules of trading.

I used paypal twice and they cocked it up both times. But sorting out with th3m was worse than shitting sea urchins. Wont touch paypal with a 60 foot barge pole.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill