Thread: Air Arms S410 Sling fitting positions

Question Air Arms S410 Sling fitting positions

Hello people,
    I'm new to this forum, so please forgive my naievety in its modus operandii.
    Whilst I have owned air weapons since I was nine years old, (BSA Cadet Major, BSA Meteor, BSA Airsporter, Webley Senior), I have only just aquired a PCP rifle. I intend to declare a Jihad on the nearby rat population and so wanted a quiet, rapid firing, accurate weapon.
    I am in the process of installing sling eye fittings, I have fitted the rear one, but have stalled at the foreward one.
    The weapon is a Air arms S410 Carbine.
    I want to fit the front sling eye, in such a position that I can fit a Bipod in the future should I decide that I need one. I want to fit it so that the thread on the eye does not protrude into the air cylinder cavity, and the legs of the bipod, when folded, do not foul the beautiful walnut stock of the S410. The stock at the front of the S410 has an elegant curve and thins out quite a bit before flaring finally at the front.
    What I would like to know is: how far back from the front of the stock should I (Is it safe to) fit the sling eye on this weapon whilst allowing the bipod to sit properly under the stock?
    Thanks in anticipation,
    Regards
    Bob
    [IMG]S410.jpg[/IMG]

The easiest way is to take the stock off and offer up the bipod to see where it sits how you want it to.
    I'd then put a light pencil mark on it and, check that the area has enough depth for the sling stud.

Good luck.

All of the above.

A conversion I have done several times is to inlay a piece of rail to the underside of the stock, then a bipod or sling stud or any other accessory can be fitted with a tee nut, two at a time if required.

https://i.imgur.com/8MYeRza.jpg
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Thanks Gentlemen
    The rifle is a very recent purchase and I dont yet have the bipod, but my intention is to purchase a Harris unit. I was attempting to preempt the arrival of the bipod in fitting the sling eye in the correct place since i have these in my posession. I guess I'll have to wait 'till the bipod arrives.
    Thanks again
    Bob

peterd8877 is offline Anschutz connoisseur and marksman
    You tube is your friend.

Harris do a number of "adaptors" including a rubber taper bit that sits between the stock & the bipod to pad out thin or rounded stocks which I use with all my rifles.

One thing I recommend is that you trial your bipod position before you drill for the stud, most people fit them a couple of inches from the front but I much prefer the stability & balance of bringing it further back towards the trigger but not so far it interferes with your grip when not using it.

ALWAYS remove the action from the stock before drilling & make sure the bolt/screw does not protrude before refitting it.