Thread: scamma on guntrader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It isn't always the case that if you express a dislike for accepting PayPal as a payment option, that you are a 'scammer'.

I've had an e**y account for over 14 years now and always refused offering PayPal as an option for buyers until e**y made it a condition if you wanted to continue to sell anything. Even now, I refuse to have PayPal linked to my bank account, so if I sell anything on e**y and the buyer pays with PayPal, I'm limited to those funds 'resting' in my PayPal account. Doesn't bother me that much for smaller amounts as I'll just utilise them for e**y purchases, but for anything over £50 or so that isn't an e**y transaction, I'll always ask that the buyer pays me either via bank transfer or cash-on-collection. It's nothing to do with trying to con anyone or deprive them of their rights.

Mind you, in PayPal's defence, I've never had a problem with them and they've always been quick to refund anything that's gone awry.

If there's no compo you may as well use PayPal friends and family then there is no charge
    I have bought airgun related parts on friends and family from well known RFD by PM.

NB this guy didnt express a preference not to use Paypal he said "my Paypal is broken please use funds transfer." which is classic scam language.