Thread: scamma on guntrader

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    I wonder if it's the legal knife edge between the "intent to buy" as opposed to actually "buying", if it's a scam you don't technically "purchase" anything so how can it be prohibited
    Interesting take... makes sense (I have no clue, just thinking aloud).. straight scam is different from a trade in something outside of the terms and conditions going awry...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

There was a member on here who was scammed but Paypal refunded.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I may be completely wrong and some one may correct me .
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Sorry I have absolutely no idea what point any of that was supposed to make what was quoted, who by & what was you

ATEOTD Pay-pal is a private company that provides a service, the terms of which you must agree to when you open an account,
    As such they can define what is allowed & what is prohibited &/or set whatever terms they want, if you don't like them don't agree & don't open an account.
    ????????????

Quote Originally Posted by bcham View Post
    ????????????
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I deleted what I posted . that's why angrybears post is confusing to you
    I read it last night and it still confused me
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

PayPal are a bank. They should not be allowed to play politics.
    Same way Eb8y are a sales outlet. They should not be allowed to ban legal goods from sale.
    We are "lucky" the now private Royal Mail still ship air guns

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    Same way Eb8y are a sales outlet. They should not be allowed to ban legal goods from sale.
    Paypal are not a bank, they are merely a payment and receipt service, for which you pay, through the nose I might add.

E8ay and Paypal are private companies and if they do not like air rifles they can choose to have nothing to do with them.

Using your logic Tescos should be made to sell air guns as airguns are legal and Tescos is a sales outlet....

Quote Originally Posted by TenMetrePeter View Post
    And to complete the points Mr mole has already put you right on;

Royal Mail did attempt to ban airguns, back in 2005 ish, while still a public company, the ombudsman at the time blocked them from doing so because they were, & still are, the only postal carrier that can legally carry them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I read it last night and it still confused me
    I quoted PayPal's firearms policy.i then quoted BASC Are airguns firearms quote.

Yes it could have been posted clearer , hence I deleted it.

PayPal is a worldwide company is is facebook. They have banned the use of using their platforms for firearms WORLDWIDE rather than different rules for different countries. That was the reason I got from facebook when I queried why they did not allow public users to sell airguns om their pages even though its legal to do in the UK.