I recently bought a Diana Mod 55 out of curiosity, it was cheap and I have never seen one before so I bought it.

Condition wise it is poor. I used some oil and wire wool and it has got rid of the surface rust. It does cock and fire, not tried any pellets in it at the moment so no idea how good the seal is.

Stock is cracked (near the fore end when the under lever sits) and will need extensive repair though a bit of wood filler and a good clean and it will look acceptable, will re varnish it in the future.

In place of the lever plunger it had this weird homemade plunger that is a piece of cylinder metal that has a slot cut out for the holding pin but nothing else.... so one in it does not move and there is no slot for the lever catch to enter so defeats the whole purpose of it being there and so I need a new plunger.

The Mod 55 is similar to the Diana/Original Mod 50 in style (I know the mod 55 is milbro and has some different features) but my question is, will the plunger off a mod 50 be ok for my mod 55? Chambers sell them for £30 but I just want to have another opinion before I order it.

Also i found the serial number (51513 also looks like there is a proof mark in front of it(?)Cant find a date stamp anywhere). Ill upload a photo.

Thank you