Thread: Any recommendation for parts supply - BSA Meteor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Any recommendation for parts supply - BSA Meteor

Hi there,

I'm new here. Got a Mk5 Meteor which I appear to be trying to trash. The spring failed, bought an "upgraded" spring and service kit from which I've been unable to fit. I did launch rather a few components high into orbit, having them land & vanish in a muddy pond. (Did not think through my idea to compress the spring - it almost worked then the pole handle tool broke apart, the assembly fell over and it turned into a comedy sketch.)

So I need to buy a new - original - mainspring, retainer, guide & washer. The trigger assembly also fell apart but I think I've recovered the bits.

Any recommendations for parts supply?

John Knibbs gun spares.Or Chambers gun spares.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    John Knibbs gun spares.Or Chambers gun spares.
    Les..
    Thanks

Protek Supplies have proved handy .

You might want to get over to Collectables and look at the Idiots Guide sticky. Posts 32, 33 and 34 relate to the Meteor. Might give a few pointers on how to avoid blood letting ...

Cheers, Phil

All of the above are good, proven, reliable suppliers of parts. And Protek often have used parts too, keeping the cost down.

Blimey......remembering back to my teenage days stripping and fettling my Meteor and those belonging to friends, using just a broad bladed screwdriver to compress the spring! Not worked on one for a while now, but glad I had my spring compressor to hand a couple or so months ago when working on the Supersport. Much, much safer and controlled, especially with the steel cut away dowel that was originally supplied with the compressor.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

If none of that helps, get the part numbers from Chambers and let me know what you need, I've got one I was using for spare parts; everything is pretty much available, except the stock and barrel.