Thread: Theoben Rapid block question please gents

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do

Theoben Rapid block question please gents

Can someone please confirm for me please that the action from a later Mark one Rapid will fit in the older stocks. I am almost certain the blocks are dimensionally the same but want to be absolutely sure.

Many thanks if you can help.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

As above -treat later Mk 1 blocks as Mk 2 for fitting purposes as by that time the blocks were unified with different bottle valves and triggers in identical units. Personally I don't like Mk 2 actions in Mk 1 stocks but others do. The ambi stocks sold later are differentiated from early ones by the recess in the base of the stock to accommodate the blanking plug under the block. Early ambi stocks don't have this feature as the blocks were flat underneath without the plug UNLESS someone had drilled the block for QF or pressure gauge.
    Last edited by Rapidnick; 16-07-2018 at 08:22 AM.
    'It may be that your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others'.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidnick View Post
    As above -treat later Mk 1 blocks as Mk 2 for fitting purposes as by that time the blocks were unified with different bottle valves and triggers in identical units. Personally I don't like Mk 2 actions in Mk 1 blocks but others do. The ambi stocks sold later are differentiated from early ones by the recess in the base of the stock to accommodate the blanking plug under the block. Early ambi stocks don't have this feature as the blocks were flat underneath without the plug UNLESS someone had drilled the block for QF or pressure gauge.
    Nick when I say later Mark 1 action I don't mean the very recent ones, its the action I have for sale at the moment (I should have been clearer). So looking at the information supplied by T 20 above and your good self the answer is yes, thanks as always guys most appreciated.

A Rapid 1 action will fit the following

A Rapid 1 stock- without modification

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !