Hello people,
I'm new to this forum, so please forgive my naievety in its modus operandii.
Whilst I have owned air weapons since I was nine years old, (BSA Cadet Major, BSA Meteor, BSA Airsporter, Webley Senior), I have only just aquired a PCP rifle. I intend to declare a Jihad on the nearby rat population and so wanted a quiet, rapid firing, accurate weapon.
I am in the process of installing sling eye fittings, I have fitted the rear one, but have stalled at the foreward one.
The weapon is a Air arms S410 Carbine.
I want to fit the front sling eye, in such a position that I can fit a Bipod in the future should I decide that I need one. I want to fit it so that the thread on the eye does not protrude into the air cylinder cavity, and the legs of the bipod, when folded, do not foul the beautiful walnut stock of the S410. The stock at the front of the S410 has an elegant curve and thins out quite a bit before flaring finally at the front.
What I would like to know is: how far back from the front of the stock should I (Is it safe to) fit the sling eye on this weapon whilst allowing the bipod to sit properly under the stock?
Thanks in anticipation,
Regards
Bob
[IMG]S410.jpg[/IMG]