Thread: Diana overlooked/underated?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone in my findings, and yes the last hw95 I got new was atrocious and had to go back the 99s I got was fine tho but when paying for premium I don't expect numerous issues. This Diana dosen't have one area that I think could be finished better which is more than I can say about any of the new he's I've bought in the last few years.

My old 34 to1 is very high quality, apart from the plastic trigger blade. My 430 was pretty good and a match for new HW's. Scare stories about new Pistons being poorly made has put me and many others off them now along with Chinese links but German prices.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    My old 34 to1 is very high quality, apart from the plastic trigger blade. My 430 was pretty good and a match for new HW's. Scare stories about new Pistons being poorly made has put me and many others off them now along with Chinese links but German prices.
    Never experienced the piston fault that was raised a while ago (rods coming loose) and never heard of that issue here, but the smaller 280 pistons do suffer from being pushed out of line during the process of the piston body being fixed to the head by crimping. Easily rectified though.
    B.A.S.C. member

I've heard and seen photos of this but mine was fine luckily,but as you say easily fixed . Again maybe I was lucky but I thought £220 for a brand new Diana 34 was ok, plain stock but I'm a southpaw so it's a plus for me. The bone dry innards was a pain but I suppose better than packed with grease.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    I've heard and seen photos of this but mine was fine luckily,but as you say easily fixed . Again maybe I was lucky but I thought £220 for a brand new Diana 34 was ok, plain stock but I'm a southpaw so it's a plus for me. The bone dry innards was a pain but I suppose better than packed with grease.
    Where did you buy a new 34 for at that price?

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Where did you buy a new 34 for at that price?
    I'm not sure where he bought one for that price but I bought my new one from kirklees guns last week for the same £220 price tag, it's a 34 classic in .22 and a bargain for that price they have had it a while upstairs it's stamped 2016 but was fresh in the bag and box.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    I'm not sure where he bought one for that price but I bought my new one from kirklees guns last week for the same £220 price tag, it's a 34 classic in .22 and a bargain for that price they have had it a while upstairs it's stamped 2016 but was fresh in the bag and box.
    Snap. Bought the 280 there for the same price but I think they've gone up a bit now.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Did you buy the last one, very interested at that price, especially as it's new old stock