Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New rifle opinions

Kalibrgun Cricket. I have one in .22 and it's the most accurate & consistent pcp I have ever owned. Loading is a bit of a faff with the sidelever at the back, but this is my only criticism.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

What's wrong with your fx impact

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    If you want a trouble free PCP dump your pump buy a bottle and only use clean dry air!!!!!
    Never had any problems with my pcps when using a pump so this is a bit of a sweeping statement. Mind I always pump in a dry and relatively dust free environment and wouldn't advise filling in the middle of a stubble field or damp barn!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

PS for the OP, how about a Daystate Huntsman with the long cylinder?
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Gun club mates own the streamline, they are very impressed as I was when I shot one. The laminate is a bit pricey but the tactical stock takes some beating for value. A used wildcat would be an option. At the money you are spending I'd stick to well known brands.

Had a wildcat, very nice but i personally couldnt get a consistent head/cheek position with it. Did like the light compactness of it though, high shot count too. Currently have a rapid mfr and would never part with it but thats a bottle rifle. One i regret letting go was my hw100kt adj laminate in .177. One of the best rifles ive had. Am intrigued by the fx crown and the steamline does look nice. Had a tuned r10 with huma reg and personally would never have another either. Wasnt impressed at all. My 15yr old mfr knocks spots off it. Sounds like youve made your mind up on the streamline. I would give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by Hughlle View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I've a blueprint ultra se already. I have to admit I am anything but impressed. Harder to cock than my springers, the hammer is almost as loud as my springers when dry fired without air in the res, and the shroud he installed makes it as loud as my springers. I know he does fantastic work, but the tuned gun I bought second hand is definitely not one of them (although it could certainly be that the guy I bought it from meddled with it once the AT was removed). No more BSA for me (although I love my BSA supersporter even if it kicks like a mule).
    That does not sound right -
    Find someone without one 'meddled with' to try -
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    If you want a trouble free PCP dump your pump buy a bottle and only use clean dry air!!!!!
    As above to be used on an Air Arms Ultimate Sporter.

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    That does not sound right -
    Find someone without one 'meddled with' to try -
    It isnt right. See post 9 in this thread.

I simply brought up my ultra to point out that I've had one, and regardless of the circumstances, I do not want another BSA.

So currently looking at the streamline (although word has it the streamline will hit the market around November), as well as looking into the huntsman in its various forms. The HW is appealing in its performance!ancestors (shot count aside) but I really do struggle to get past the looks, which as wrong as it may be, is a consideration when buying a gun. The wildcat does indeed appear a very good gun, but might struggle to find one in my price point.

BSA stuff and all, thanks for all the replies.

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Have you spoken to JB about it ? I would suggest a call, leave a message if he doesn't pick up and he will call you back

I've had several several rifles that JB worked on and no issues with them
    The point is why would you buy a gun designed by JB then have to send it back and.spend more money on it to get it to shootnwith a minimum standard of accuracy. Bit like buying round bricks then filing them into rectangles.

If the only way of getting it consistant is to send it back I just dont get that concept at all.

If your custom modding then yeah...but to get the base gun up to standard. ..... madness.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

How about a Regal

Thanks Mark. It does indeed look a belter, although a bit if a bargepole with a moderator attached (although as said, I like shooting off bipod, so length isn't an immediate concern, not until I get a dense woodland permission at least). Just wondering if there is anything I've overlooked beyond the suggestions I normally see (hw100/110, s410/510, r10 etc). I'm also reading up on the offerings from Zbroia as while there seem to be few owners, the little feedback around suggests they're going from strength to strength and putting out some great stuff at the price point.
    +1 for the Zbroia, I have the Horticia, It's built like the proverbial brick outhouse, has anti double load, fills to 300 bar, it's regulated, has a fully shrouded barrel and a 12 shot magazine in .177 flavour and it's piccatiny.
    And it's accurate. All that for £500 from Sureshot. You get 150+ shots from one fill.
    Steve.

I simply brought up my ultra to point out that I've had one, and regardless of the circumstances, I do not want another BSA.

So currently looking at the streamline (although word has it the streamline will hit the market around November), as well as looking into the huntsman in its various forms. The HW is appealing in its performance!ancestors (shot count aside) but I really do struggle to get past the looks, which as wrong as it may be, is a consideration when buying a gun. The wildcat does indeed appear a very good gun, but might struggle to find one in my price point.

BSA stuff and all, thanks for all the replies.
    The streamline hit the market Nov last year. I for one would go for the synthetic one. Full length but weighs less than the aa superlite carbine.