Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RWS Diana 52 - tuning options....

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    a short stroke nose will transform it for very little outlay.

Other than that, standard spit and polish with a piston sleeve and a properly fitting guide, job done. The 22mm conv will I'm sure be great, but it's 4x the price.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

BarnsleyBob,

From my experience of my Mr. Tony Leach 22mm TX200 innards, I would say do the same to the '52

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Hellequin is offline I used to be indecisive.....
    Thanks all, some great info as ever from the bbs!

I've decided that, initially, I'll do a basic 'fettle' so new spring & seals if required and possibly a fitted guide/tophat, along with a proper clean, polish & relube. I'll also look to change the restricted transfer port seal.

Eventually I'd like to have the 22mm conversion done as it sounds like it'll make it into an awesome, smooth shooting rifle, but it'll have to wait until the piggy bank is full again...

Cheers
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Seals are solid ,never had one worn out even from early examples.
    Don't forget the piston spring sleeve.
    May be no need for top hat with a well fitted sleeve.
    I use 1mm ptfe on early t01.
    Tresseme shampoo bottle may work or simular ,mine are fitted so you can feel it contact all around spring slightly.

Works for me.
    Have fun ,enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by original45 View Post
    Seals are solid ,never had one worn out even from early examples.
    Don't forget the piston spring sleeve.
    May be no need for top hat with a well fitted sleeve.
    I use 1mm ptfe on early t01.
    Tresseme shampoo bottle may work or simular ,mine are fitted so you can feel it contact all around spring slightly.

Works for me.
    Have fun ,enjoy.
    Thanks mate, I have some PTFE sheet left over from doing my Supersport but think it's .5mm rather than 1mm. I'll check seals prior to buying any new parts, once I've stripped it down later this week.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyBob View Post
    Thanks all, some great info as ever from the bbs!

I've decided that, initially, I'll do a basic 'fettle' so new spring & seals if required and possibly a fitted guide/tophat, along with a proper clean, polish & relube. I'll also look to change the restricted transfer port seal.

Eventually I'd like to have the 22mm conversion done as it sounds like it'll make it into an awesome, smooth shooting rifle, but it'll have to wait until the piggy bank is full again...

Cheers
    The restriction is a very thin metal disc with a tiny hole in it, thats placed behind the seal on the comp tube.
    You should be able to carefully remove and reuse the seal. The disc I think from memory really needs tapping out from behind (inside the comp tube) which you can do when you strip it.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    The restriction is a very thin metal disc with a tiny hole in it, thats placed behind the seal on the comp tube.
    You should be able to carefully remove and reuse the seal. The disc I think from memory really needs tapping out from behind (inside the comp tube) which you can do when you strip it.
    Thanks Rob, I'll look out for it.
    Wyrd bið ful aræd