Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawke vantage dead?

Hawke vantage dead?

I've had a hawke vantage for a few month now and it's not seen so much use, I was using it the other day and all of a sudden I went from nice single hole groups to 1" all around my aim point I scratched my head wondering what the issue was and cleaned the barrel.

When trying again it was the same but then all of a sudden jumped back into life and a single hole appeared again but not for long, this is when i decided to have a closer look at the scope and i found that the ao had about 1/8 turn of slack when adjusting, as in it just turned freely and then felt normal again and stayed this way this fixed it for a while but it happened again.

Has anyone else had this issue?

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Yep, don't faff about, contact Hawke details are on their web site & arrange to send it back, they'll check it over & if it's shagged they send you a replacement, simple as that.

No sniggering Erector Tubes. maybe effected by heat or recoil!!! A gentle tap with wooden screwdriver handle.

As others have said, e-mail Hawke technical dept with an outline of your problems and they will ask you to send it back, proof of purchase will be handy.

I've done this before and the service and turnaround is second to none.

Thanks for the advice i will send them a email.

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Two words...Lifetime warranty

Really. I have recently bought a Hawke vantage scope, but seem to remember reading somewhere that Hawke give a 10 year warranty for their scopes In Europe and a lifetime warranty outside Europe. Maybe I'm mistaken or perhaps Hawke have changed their warranty details. Either way I'm happy,

John
    God created man and god created woman
    Sam colt made them equal

Quote Originally Posted by luckymjr View Post
    Really. I have recently bought a Hawke vantage scope, but seem to remember reading somewhere that Hawke give a 10 year warranty for their scopes In Europe and a lifetime warranty outside Europe. Maybe I'm mistaken or perhaps Hawke have changed their warranty details. Either way I'm happy,

John
    Why on earth would you post what a bloke in the pub told you when you could verify it for yourself on Hawkes website???
    I don't understand some posts on here...

Quote Originally Posted by harvey_s View Post
    Why on earth would you post what a bloke in the pub told you when you could verify it for yourself on Hawkes website???
    Who said anything about a pub, I never. In actual fact buddy I've just realised where I heard It from. I was enquiring to a gun shop about a Hawke scope a couple of months ago and this Is the email that I received back, Quote = '' Go for the Hawke 2-7x32 mate. It compliments the Imp and at £89.95 inc mounts with a 10yr warranty its hard to beat''

But I still also remember reading somewhere that the lifetime warranty was only valid outside Europe. In fact I'm pretty sure that 8 weeks ago when I purchased the scope I read on Hawkes own website that the scope comes with a 10 year warranty. Therefore If that's the case, Hawke must have recently changed their warranty terms and conditions.

John
    Last edited by luckymjr; 14-07-2018 at 08:37 PM.
    Sam colt made them equal

Who said anything about a pub, I never. In actual fact buddy I've just realised where I heard It from. I was enquiring to a gun shop about a Hawke scope a couple of months ago and this Is the email that I received back, Quote = '' Go for the Hawke 2-7x32 mate. It compliments the Imp and at £89.95 inc mounts with a 10yr warranty its hard to beat''

But I still also remember reading somewhere that the lifetime warranty was only valid outside Europe. In fact I'm pretty sure that 8 weeks ago when I purchased the scope I read on Hawkes own website that the scope comes with a 10 year warranty. Therefore If that's the case, Hawke must have recently changed their warranty terms and conditions.

John
    The 'pub' was a generic as I haven't be stalking you and its been like that for 2018 and possibly earlier...

John
    Joys of the EU, they have decided that legally 10 years is as long as a warranty can reasonably be expected to be enforced.

not that it means the company cannot exercise it's own discretion after 10 years, just that it can't be enforced.

They also state to the "original owner" which they never used to do.
    Last edited by angrybear; 15-07-2018 at 12:09 PM.

Hawke have always had none transferable warranties... have they not ? like most Far East brands.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitzer View Post
    Hawke have always had none transferable warranties... have they not ? like most Far East brands.
    The only transferable part is from hand to bin I wounder how many original owners still own their hawke scope 10 years on?
    John Darling JD (1946-2004) was my inspiration to be the best i can and enjoy the sport i love. R.I.P
    A dedicated HW80 Fanatic and owner since 1986 to present.

Well I've stuck it in some sportsmatch mounts and it's been fine, i really didn't notice anything wrong with the hawke mounts but either way it's done. Thanks for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by mattyw1987 View Post
    Well I've stuck it in some sportsmatch mounts and it's been fine, i really didn't notice anything wrong with the hawke mounts but either way it's done. Thanks for the help.
    Don't listen to negative comments about Hawke scopes mate, In my opinion for the money you can't go wrong. I bought a cheap Hawke 4x40 HD scope about 6 or 7 years ago to fit on my 1977 HW35 rifle, and the scope has not missed a beat. Recoil and all. I also use a Hawke on my HW100s, and again, with no problems at all. If a person has deep pockets and Is willing to pay a fortune for decent glass, then good luck to them. But most people do not fit Into that category anyway,

John
    Sam colt made them equal