Thread: Leaking bsa ultra cylinder

Leaking bsa ultra cylinder

I have a slow leak on my bsa ultra. It’s coming from the end of the cylinder between the cylinder end piece and the main cylinder body (at the pressure gauge end). Is it possible to tighten this? Or do I need a new cylinder?

Thanks

Andrew

Hi ockie
    There are some o-rings at the end of the cylinder and fill cap, Best fittings in the uk do a o ring set for the ultra. I have just noticed your location.You could just try and nip up the end cap and see if that will cure it.
    Good luck with your gun.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    Hi ockie
    There are some o-rings at the end of the cylinder and fill cap, Best fittings in the uk do a o ring set for the ultra. I have just noticed your location.You could just try and nip up the end cap and see if that will cure it.
    Good luck with your gun.
    Les..
    Thanks Les - much appreciate the advice

Best

Andrew

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Wow - a member from Lusaka....

We have a house in Kabulonga and a plot in New Kasama - my wife is Zambian. I keep my Pro Elite over there, running as it was intended to, and a crosman backpacker for the rats - concrete blocks for internal walls come in handy
    Never met anyone when we were over there interested in airguns. Folks were really surpised when they tried my toys. Quite a few ppl I know shoot at the gun club though, 9mm and 38/357 pistol mostly.

Presumably you just imported your Ultra yourself ?

Rgds - Jb
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    Wow - a member from Lusaka....

We have a house in Kabulonga and a plot in New Kasama - my wife is Zambian. I keep my Pro Elite over there, running as it was intended to, and a crosman backpacker for the rats - concrete blocks for internal walls come in handy
    Never met anyone when we were over there interested in airguns. Folks were really surpised when they tried my toys. Quite a few ppl I know shoot at the gun club though, 9mm and 38/357 pistol mostly.

Presumably you just imported your Ultra yourself ?

Rgds - Jb
    Hi

Living in Kabulonga. And yes, just took it there myself in freight. I think the gun club is just clay pigeons now - no rifles of any sort. Drop me a DM when you’re next back and we’ll catch up.

Best

Andrew