Thread: Rules on selling privately via the internet/freeads etc

Rules on selling privately via the internet/freeads etc

I have an old umarex CO2 pistol I no longer use, and intend to move it on. What are the rules and general guide for me to sell this second hand, not on here, I mean through free ads etc. Am I correct to say it’s a face to face type transaction only, or has anybody found a safe and reliable way to ensure all is above board using a courier. Will couriers even take an air pistol?

Thanks in advance

Private sales do not have to be face to face.
    Parcel Force 48 will deliver but no co2 capsule in the gun or package as forbidden.

Why not sell it on here ?
    GOOD DEALS...Here,post 6404

Quote Originally Posted by jeff0100 View Post
    Why not sell it on here ?
    I don’t think I have the relevant number of posts to sell stuff. I may wait until I’m allowed, prefer dealing with people via forums as opposed to gumtree/freeads etc.

Thanks for the replies, I did see a comprehensive post by admin on the do’s and dont’s of selling that I hadn’t seen earlier.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by don1971 View Post
    I don’t think I have the relevant number of posts to sell stuff. I may wait until I’m allowed, prefer dealing with people via forums as opposed to gumtree/freeads etc.

Thanks for the replies, I did see a comprehensive post by admin on the do’s and dont’s of selling that I hadn’t seen earlier.
    I would sell on here... I'd guess you'd have about a 0.1% of a troublesome deal on here (and that would probably still be resolved amicably), vs about 50% "out there"
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Shed turner, I don’t doubt it would be trouble free, I have bought and sold on various hobby forums over the years and will see if I can on here.