Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tawd Vale

Tawd Vale

Just got back. Excellent shoot, excellent surroundings, shame about the rain on my tent last night, I thought I was kipping in a drum. Well done to the UKAHFT team thoroughly enjoyed myself...

Just like to say what a good day we had my son Ashley and me, cracking campsite cracking venue and nice people. Thanks to all involved in the setting up of the shoot and to all the UKAHFT organisers. Congrats to Dan ayling ( and his dad Den our shooting partners for the afternoon) for coming third in the juniors well done mate.

Well done to Tom Johnston and Chris Fletcher from Lincs hft for finishing 1st and 2nd in the .22 class Keep up the good shooting lads.

Chris
    Lincs HFT club
    Last edited by (Dead Eye); 25-09-2005 at 08:36 PM.
    You come into this world with nothing if you go out in debt then you have made a profit

steven is offline Whist - it's the new rock'n'roll, innit?
    Many Thanks to Acenorth, Davestate, and all the guys at Tawd for an excellent course.
    I think you can safely lay claim to hosting a successful round

Acenorth. is offline Extreme Ironing World Record Holder.
    Quote Originally Posted by steven
    Many Thanks to Acenorth, Davestate, and all the guys at Tawd for an excellent course.
    I think you can safely lay claim to hosting a successful round
    Steven, most of the thanks should go to Dave Fairhurst, Andy Holmes and Dave Shaw. They did the majority of the course work in the week...

I personally would like to thank all the members from Tawd Vale who dug in and helped make it run smoothly, bar the "tizzy fit" I had 5 minutes before the briefing. Dave Nelson for the plinking/zeroing range.. Martin Gibbons & co. for the side shoots. Youing Roy taylor whos help was endless. Bernard Simpson, Keith Mason, Dave Benyon and Dave Ramshead for helping at the end. Steve H booking in... (when it happened) Many more..

Probably loads more to thank but I'm knackered..

There was certainly a lot to learn and hopefully lessons learnt for next year..... IF

Ian
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    Don't assume anything.... It makes an ASS out of U and ME

Agreed Ian, I had an ace weekend, in fact a fantastic week working in the woods at Tawd Vale.. I think we all learned a lot the last few weeks and realise the effort that is required.

Im so happy nobody cleared as well

thanks all and I hope everybody had a good time.

It was a great weekend all round.
    A big thanks to all the club members who helped out, and, to the UKAHFT crew for their support as this was Tawd's first dabble in the national series.

The high point of the weekend for me was all the people who came up and congratulated the club for hosting such a successful shoot, it can only get better...
    Rgds,
    Dave.
    SkyDrive, Pics, manuals & more.

Quote Originally Posted by jayboy
    Just got back. Excellent shoot, excellent surroundings, shame about the rain on my tent last night, I thought I was kipping in a drum. Well done to the UKAHFT team thoroughly enjoyed myself...
    well done jay good shooting mate
    leave only footprints...

Quote Originally Posted by Davestate
    The high point of the weekend for me was all the people who came up and congratulated the club for hosting such a successful shoot, it can only get better...
    Yeah - wern't they all nice as well. You meet em on here and think one thing then when they turn up they are really nice.

It was a pleasure to meet so many of you "in the flesh" and put a face to a name. Hope you all enjoyed it and I pass on my own congratulations and thanks to the team that has been up at Tawd Vale all week setting up.

Also I watched the UKAHFT Team - what a professional bunch of lads (and Ladies) You all worked so hard all day - incredible - no mess from start to finish that wasnt sorted in seconds. Thanks all of you.

Well done to all the winners and hope to see you all again at Tawd Vale in the future.

On a special note can I pass on our special thanks as a club to Acenorth, who over the past year has provided fantastic help and support to the club - whilst we have developed the HFT side of things. If you had gone to the televison companies with the idea ayear ago - "Take a typical FT club and turn them in to a bunch of keen HFT'ers" it would have been worthy of "Challenge Anneka" Etc.

Yet over the past year he has turned us from a bunch of Hamster hugging, spirit level watching HFT numpties into the super slick lean mean HFT Team machine you all saw in operation today. (Well perhaps not so lean but you know what I mean. )

We now have a healthy membership, have introduced dozens of new people to airguun sport both HFT and FT, and we have a terrific monthly calendar of well attended and well supported HFT events. (Next week lads). Next year we hope to start inter club HFT shoots in the region. His help and enthusiasm and support in all this has been invaluable.

Yes - he get his tantrums and has the odd dickie fit, but he is from Liverpool and we've got him some Evening Primrose Oil out of club funds and he should be OK.

Cheers Ian - Well done mate.

Steve H

Can I just say that I did not just do the booking in - I also organised the orange juice as well Oh and the trophies, Oh and anyone who won one - well I designed the knock-over penguin on the front. Putting the course out - that was the easy bit - why dont I get my name in bold??? eh ? under appreciated thats why.

Not to mention the burgers.
    Last edited by SteveH; 25-09-2005 at 10:24 PM.

Just got home about 15 mins ago so only a quick reply for now

Well done to all at Tawd Vale.

All the best#
    Pete

BoNeS Guest
    maybe biased because Ian is a good friend but that was easily the best round this year for me, the thought and consideration that went into making it good outing for us all was more than evident

all the lads and lasses at tawd vale you should be proud of yaselfs i certainly didnt hear a bad word said from anyone about the whole weekend

cheers fellas

Sniper 296 Guest
    Sounds like I missed anouther good weekend

Excellent shoot & well enjoyed by the Ford Team. Good facilities & a great course. Definatly worth the 550 mile round trip. Too knackered to type any more. Well done Tawd Vale.
    “A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.”

figjam Guest
    well i can only say to tawd that you have a chieved what UKAHFT to me is all about, not seeing a course cleared!

maybe a note to all course builders in the future, instead of trying for bigger and better, use your natural surroundings to your advantage!
    i think today had been by far the best round of UKAHFT i have shot, and the scores clearly reflected this!!

maybe some people will disagree, but what the hell i'll stick me neck out and say that tawd has made my travelling well worth it, and as like bones has said ians (acenorth) friendship doesnt sway my judgement, my only complaint would be that the next time you host a around get some real caterers in, that was such a shables and a let down, if this isnt possibly then can you e-mail me the dates and ill fax my food order in advance!

and finally where hug pat on the back to UKAHFT organisers (ewe know who you are)
    your proffesional and speedy slick handling has made another round go by without hiccup! keep up the good work and see you all at bisley!

rgds

kenny

A very nice venue - the best I've been to so far!
    A very good course as well, not too easy, not too hard - I think you got the difficulty level just about right.

Well done lads - A huge success

alan-aitch. is offline Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris Burris

Tawd

Good course, excellent ground, shame I had to rush off after shooting.

Really felt for Andy Holmes at the chrono, not only had he put a lot of work into the course but he was kicking my @rse fair and square with his springer up to that point.

Alan.