Thread: Sumatra stripdown

Sumatra stripdown

I am stuck so hoping someone can help this idiot i have taken the butt off. Removed the top 3 screws. One by barrel and the top rail 2 screws. But the action cover is still not coming off. Am i doing something wrong or is there another screw i am missing i need to remove? Help please as am at wits end.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Check the side of the reciever for a small hole with a pin drifted in which acts as a Heath Robinson AT device. Sometimes you can simply tap this pin in until the reciever comes off, other times it needs drilling out.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    Check the side of the reciever for a small hole with a pin drifted in which acts as a Heath Robinson AT device. Sometimes you can simply tap this pin in until the reciever comes off, other times it needs drilling out.
    now I know why that one I got off you had a small hole there - doh
    Last edited by Shed tuner; 15-07-2018 at 06:35 PM.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Bugger. Spotted it. Sneaker buggers putting that there. Job all done. Cheers nicky m8.

Woes continue with the sumatra. Thought it was weird the gun had zero pressure when i pulled it out of the cabinate. After renewing hammer spring i filled her up. As sson as i udid bleed screw the gun emptied its guts again. Next job to replace the seals. Being pressure locked for so long looks like the seals have blown

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Woes continue with the sumatra. Thought it was weird the gun had zero pressure when i pulled it out of the cabinate. After renewing hammer spring i filled her up. As sson as i udid bleed screw the gun emptied its guts again. Next job to replace the seals. Being pressure locked for so long looks like the seals have blown
    Where is it leaking from ? They are not really hard to work on, once you have have the extra long blad bladed screwdriver valve removal tool. But if it's only leaking from the cylinder ends, the valve can stay put...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Dont know whats gone john. As soon as i turn the bleed screw on dive bottle its dumping all pressure from the gun out through the bleed.

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Put a dab of silicone oil/gease in the filler holes, crack the bottle open on sharply and try to bleed as sharp as poss too. This may fix it.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

Dont know whats gone john. As soon as i turn the bleed screw on dive bottle its dumping all pressure from the gun out through the bleed.
    ahh - that's different - non- return valve in the filler. Fill it muzzle down, that often does the trick and tap it a bit to settle the flap valve. Also bleeding rapidly also helps the air rush blow the valve back down to seal

If you do end up stripping, you can put a little spring under it to hold it closed in any position.

Ok. Did as you both said and it worked. Still though why did the gun empty itself when it was pressure locked? Was pressure locked for last 5mths until i found a tidy hammer spring and the guts to have a go. Thanks for the advice both. And tinners thanks for the info on how to change the valve. Much appreciated. Show not over till the fat lady sings though. Lets see if she hold pressure over the next week or so. Cheers guys. Chris

Ok. Did as you both said and it worked. Still though why did the gun empty itself when it was pressure locked? Was pressure locked for last 5mths until i found a tidy hammer spring and the guts to have a go. Thanks for the advice both. And tinners thanks for the info on how to change the valve. Much appreciated. Show not over till the fat lady sings though. Lets see if she hold pressure over the next week or so. Cheers guys. Chris
    NP, good luck. AS said though, not too tough to work on really, so even if you do need to dig later, it's fine....

I have a full strip down dvd for the 707. And there is a seal replacement video on utube on how to change the seals. I learned a bit today changing the hammer spring.

So far so good. She is still holding air