Thread: High Pressure Pumps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    The cost of the cylinder has not been included
    It's comparing the cost of refilling a cylinder you already own, to buying a pump which then saves the refill costs.

Some people DO need to fill a cylinder because they only shoot away from home & need to refill the rifle during the day (& in that case the cylinder still needs to be tested)

What I do not know is whether these pumps provide DRY air, certainly they don't have filter packs built in, although they sell them at about £160,
    so I suspect they might just use a centrifugal/cyclone moisture trap which will reduce moisture content, but is far from DRY.
    Can't you buy an inline drypack type filter to use with these compressors?

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Can't you buy an inline drypack type filter to use with these compressors?
    Yes, I even say so in the post you quote , didn't you read it they're about £160.

Thanks for the replies chaps, not unduly worried by the economics but the dry air question is of more concern.
    if you have someone quite close and convenient with a dive bottle compressor that's fine but the place where I've had mine filled in the past is only open quite limited hours and I think he's hoping to retire completely sometime soon.
    Don't bark if you can't bite!