Thread: Holts September Auction.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Another interesting Lot at this sale, but definitely not my cup of tea.

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...8393&saletype=

Brian
    Hmm. I wonder if Mr Scaramanga knows Holts have got his air pistol

Purists would want it all correct, and i share that view too. I have no idea about this rifle example.

A lovely boxed presented air rifle of this type, in fabulous authentic little used condition, has great appeal. As just a piece of gun engineering in the right setting, right gun room, then these kinds of objects are always going to fetch good money. Presentation case Luger or whatever, have a certain class and just lovely to own.

There are guns you use, and guns to admire. For any collection its nice to mix it up a bit, and presentation grade always look great. Price is how wealthy you are and to some two to three £K is normal for something they fancy. When there are those losing £40k on their Range Rover every three years, then what price gun that they like really is not an issue. Same for those who pay for a full season pheasant shooting. You earn it you buy the toys you fancy. Don't moan, get a better paid job, or buy a lottery ticket and live in hope. For those who can afford such luxuries, honestly earned, good luck to them.

There was a fantasic Webley Service Revolver the other year. I would loved to have owned it. Sadly I couldn't have afforded it at the time, plus wouldn't have been allowed to own it. No Sig 226, but it was just so pleasing to the eye and I loved it. Not allowing to be able to have it at all in this Country annoyed me most.