Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holts September Auction.

Holts September Auction.

Noted this cased Webley Mk2 Service and Tell 3 coming up at Holts next London sale .

https://auctions.holtsauctioneers.co...8376&saletype=

Regards
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    Noted this cased Webley Mk2 Service and Tell 3 coming up at Holts next London sale .

Regards
    Brian
    That’s a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Regards
    Brian
    Thanks Brian,

Factory undocumented case eh? Not heard that one before! Looks like a mismatched set with a repro booklet at first glance and I'm not sure what they mean by an off-centre valve-spout type oil-can

John

It looks to good to be an original gun someone trying to pull a fast one barrels are probably Chinese; I hear JK will stamp any no. you like on them!
    Sorry but I do not see the attraction of 6-7ft/lb gun costing £2-3K.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    It looks to good to be an original gun someone trying to pull a fast one barrels are probably Chinese; I hear JK will stamp any no. you like on them!
    Sorry but I do not see the attraction of 6-7ft/lb gun costing £2-3K.
    I think they listed it at such a high price since one similar sold in their auction the other month (21st June) for a sugar ton of money! (£3100 I seem to remember)

I would not even pay that for a Don Blocksidge work of art, its still only got pistol power.
    Now an AA Prosport with inter changeable barrels exhibition grade stock, improved cocking lever, that would stir my interest!!!!!!

As John says, a 'Factory Undocumented Case' is new one on me as well.
    It looks to be a very well adapted 'Brady' case with what appears to be a genuine 'Webley' case label. The only Webley oil cans I know off that have an off centre spout, do not have a valve spout.
    The rifle doesn't appear to be anything special and the barrels can't be seen, so their condition is unknown.
    The .25 barrel having a different number may slightly affect the price, but a nice three barrelled set will always attract a certain amount of interest, so who knows, but it will be interesting to see the hammer price.

My ten cents worth

Not sure as to the authenticity of this set. However, this labelled case with three genuine barrels, numbered or not, action and stock would probably break up to over £1,500, so I would not be surprised to see it reach the lower estimate, plus a bit more.

I have a genuine three barrelled Mark II without a case and would be happy to pay at least £300 for the labelled case alone.

By the way, I have nothing to do with this item Lot and have never seen it in the the 'flesh'.

As Peter says, this is certainly an attractive set. Remember that genuine Webley cases are as rare as rocking horse droppings and sets like this always attract a lot of interest.

I suspect the hammer will fall suitably high and the purchaser will undoubtedly be pleased with their new addition.

John

The are are shops about who will compose boxed sets, shotgun cases can often be picked up at auction; and modified, you really need to see it in the flesh if you are going going to spend £3K

Quote Originally Posted by Jenny Dipple View Post
    The are are shops about who will compose boxed sets, shotgun cases can often be picked up at auction; and modified, you really need to see it in the flesh if you are going going to spend £3K
    please let me have the details of these shops...

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    Thankfully, nothing I desire in this one.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

With a buyers premium of 25% + 20% vat that must be a relief.

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    With a buyers premium of 25% + 20% vat that must be a relief.
    i know people are quite critical of Holts and the commission charges but at the end of the day as a well known collector/dealer said to me a few years ago "no one is making you buy it at that price" I have bought a bit from them over the years and their stuff is normally the nicer end of the spectrum, they do not put crap in the main sales.

Just pointing out what it really costs you to buy there.
    For every £500 add £150.