Thread: HW45 Scope rail query

HW45 Scope rail query

I've fitted an HW pistol stock to this new model HW45 and although I have the foresight raiser, it doesn't fit on the new style foresight so I'm looking at fitting a red dot or similar instead- or possibly a bug buster style scope. The scope rails seem to be an unusual size and wont take my existing red dot sight with integral rails. Can anyone assist and recommend what mounts or sight I need to fit the scope rails?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    I've fitted an HW pistol stock to this new model HW45 and although I have the foresight raiser, it doesn't fit on the new style foresight so I'm looking at fitting a red dot or similar instead- or possibly a bug buster style scope. The scope rails seem to be an unusual size and wont take my existing red dot sight with integral rails. Can anyone assist and recommend what mounts or sight I need to fit the scope rails?

Thanks
    The dovetail is , as you say, unusual in being 13mm rather than the more common 11mm.
    It does create problems and unless you pay a fair amount for BKL mounts which can be obtained in 13mm then it is necessary to either use a mount which can be opened and tightened enough to fit , or to use split ring mounts.
    The use of a conventional 11mm mount which just fits does push the scope off to one side but only by 1mm so adjusting the scope to counteract this is possible but needs to be redone for each new range as you are shooting at a very small offset angle.
    With regard to reddot sights I have used the Hawke Red Dot Sport which has the split ring and this enables you to open the mount at both top and bottom enough to go over the 45' rail and to tighten adequately.
    I'm sure others will have alternative suggestions but good luck with it.
    I have a couple of photos and if I can find out how, I will add them but Gurgle the Hawke Red Dot Sport and you'll find photos.
    Dagwood
    Last edited by Dagwood; 18-07-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Bingo Dagwood! Hawke Dot with a split ring mount- perfect. And found new (online) for £20 delivered. Happy days- thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JMH123 View Post
    Bingo Dagwood! Hawke Dot with a split ring mount- perfect. And found new (online) for £20 delivered. Happy days- thanks.
    Excellent and good to hear you have got one coming! Now perhaps you can give the Umarex Boys Club competitions a bash? The 6yd open sights and optical section will welcome you with open arms.
    All best
    Dagwood

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Excellent and good to hear you have got one coming! Now perhaps you can give the Umarex Boys Club competitions a bash? The 6yd open sights and optical section will welcome you with open arms.
    All best
    Dagwood
    Loving your style Mr D

http://www.ubccompetition.btck.co.uk/
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it