Thread: HW55 match, help with deciding what to offer please

HW55 match, help with deciding what to offer please

Hi,
    I may be onto a project HW55 and need to try and decide a reasonable price to offer but I suspect the owners expectation will be too high. The way I would like to come at this is to establish what is a reasonable private sale price is for a shooter/user of this rifle (i.e. not a minty lovely one, just a good useable one) as this would be what I would end up with after some work. I can then put a value on parts and my time and decide where I walk away. PS/NB this would be a price for one without the HW dioptre sight!

So what say you learned gentlemen of the collectors area?

Thanks Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Hi,
    I may be onto a project HW55 and need to try and decide a reasonable price to offer but I suspect the owners expectation will be too high. The way I would like to come at this is to establish what is a reasonable private sale price is for a shooter/user of this rifle (i.e. not a minty lovely one, just a good useable one) as this would be what I would end up with after some work. I can then put a value on parts and my time and decide where I walk away. PS/NB this would be a price for one without the HW dioptre sight!

So what say you learned gentlemen of the collectors area?

Thanks Rich.
    Rich these still come up fairly often on eGun (though not as often as they once did) and a really nice one might make around, say, 200 or 220 euros. An HW diopter sight might set you back £60 or £70 too, so one in need of time/money spent on it shouldn't be worth too much. Whatever the owner's expectations!
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garvin View Post
    Rich these still come up fairly often on eGun (though not as often as they once did) and a really nice one might make around, say, 200 or 220 euros. An HW diopter sight might set you back £60 or £70 too, so one in need of time/money spent on it shouldn't be worth too much. Whatever the owner's expectations!
    Thanks Garvin. Is the 200-220euros with or without an HW diopter? In any case I think I may be walking away.

Hw55mm

Brought one for £240 with a unbranded diopter on it. Needs a service but not a bad buy. I see a 55 Match is being broken up on Evil bay at the moment. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    Thanks Garvin. Is the 200-220euros with or without an HW diopter? In any case I think I may be walking away.
    That would definitely be with a diopter sight.
    Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

I have looked over and passed up the opportunity. If I do ever get one I will look for a working shooter or a cheaper project.
    Cheers