Thread: Tx 200 safety

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tx 200 safety

Did a search on the above, found various suggestions ranging from length of guides, to comp tube nuts, to stock screw plate bolt countersinks etc etc
    Is there a definitive answer on this, mine seems plagued with the "not cocking unless you yank the hell out of it" issue....

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    HC's are worse!
    Master Debater

Tis a .22 HC 🙄

I have always thought this is an engineering flaw with the Tx as I have seen many rifles where there is no need to yank on the underlever.
    I did find this:

Originally Posted by hollow-point
    had this problem with mine. found it was the piston and spring guide touching removed half a mill from top of guide and it cocks as easy as you like now
    This is good information. I found that the piston guide flange for a Prosport had to be no more than 2.8mm thick or the rifle would not cock but the antibear mechanism did engage. Tricky ...

I am not saying this is your problem but it is worth checking. Also check that guide and top hat are not contacting. This maybe could happen if a washer or washers are used on the top hat or if a too large diameter washer is used on the guide.
    Cheers, Phil

It's a custom guide made (I believe) by LSD, there is no top hat installed. I bought a standard 22 HC spring, guide and top hat off here a while ago, before I bought the gun. Starting to think previous owner has changed the spring to a longer one, binned the top hat after it possibly wouldn't cock? I'll compare to the standard internals later

I found on my hc if the trigger was set too light it stopped the safety engaging,I also put a drop of oil on the safety button too