Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tx 200 safety

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    Guide / tophat length as mentioned.
    Trigger possibly gunked up or badly adjusted as mentioned.

Possibly the flange of the spring guide too thick.
    Trigger is clean and lightly oiled, I had the whole lot apart and cleaned, lubed and reassembled

I was getting intermittent safety problems until I removed a preload washer , now all is good. Coil bound is most probable cause or worn cocking shoe.

The fix. The back tip of the top sear pushes down on the top of the middle sear. This causes the middle sears top end to move forward. This lets the top end of the middle sear clear the safety and the safety pops out. A tiny bit of material added, where the top and middle sear touch, would see the middle sear move farther forward and the safety would pop out. I saw a fellow that epoxied a thin strip of feeler gauge to the top sears tip and he said it worked. Maybe a tiny bit of polishing to the top tip of the middle sear would give that tiny bit of extra clearance for the safety, but I don't know. The previous is for guns that don't have some of the other reasons listed. Really doesn't bother me whether the safety works or not since I am the number one safety device on my gun.

Yeh I'm half thinking just remove it altogether and reduce the messing about, but the other half of me wants to fix it.....

Another thought, would short stroking the gun via the use of an extended latch rod solve the issue? Less travel before trigger engagement meaning more room to move?

Quote Originally Posted by svendogg View Post
    Another thought, would short stroking the gun via the use of an extended latch rod solve the issue? Less travel before trigger engagement meaning more room to move?
    On guns that are near coil bind or that have the piston skirt hitting the rear guide flange just upon cocking, yes. The longer rod latches up before the spring goes coilbound or the skirt gets near the flange. Problem is, some short stroke guns still don't set the safety easily. The problem is much rarer in the short stroke than the MarkIII stroke guns.

It's worth a thought then. Think the issue I have is the piston has been customized, so I don't know if the dimensions are standard or not. I took the custom guide out and fitted a stock top hat and guide and it wouldn't cock, tried the original guide with a slip washer instead of a top hat, still wouldn't cock. Reinstall the custom guide with no washer, cocked again. Also appear to have sorted the safety by adding a little extra trigger tension via the screw under the guard, only got 15 shots or so off but set every time with a positive stroke, but not yanking it.

Also appear to have sorted the safety by adding a little extra trigger tension via the screw under the guard, only got 15 shots or so off but set every time with a positive stroke, but not yanking it.
    So you increased the weight of pull?
    Interesting.
    Cheers, Phil

Tried various configurations of washers, guides, top hats etc in between, but the increase in pull weight is the only difference between when I started and when I finished. Literally about a quarter turn

Tried various configurations of washers, guides, top hats etc in between, but the increase in pull weight is the only difference between when I started and when I finished. Literally about a quarter turn
    Fascinating ... I have added the information to my file of 'useful' tips.
    Cheers, Phil