Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tx 200 safety

Tx 200 safety

Did a search on the above, found various suggestions ranging from length of guides, to comp tube nuts, to stock screw plate bolt countersinks etc etc
    Is there a definitive answer on this, mine seems plagued with the "not cocking unless you yank the hell out of it" issue....

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    HC's are worse!
    Master Debater

Tis a .22 HC 🙄

I have always thought this is an engineering flaw with the Tx as I have seen many rifles where there is no need to yank on the underlever.
    I did find this:

Originally Posted by hollow-point
    had this problem with mine. found it was the piston and spring guide touching removed half a mill from top of guide and it cocks as easy as you like now
    This is good information. I found that the piston guide flange for a Prosport had to be no more than 2.8mm thick or the rifle would not cock but the antibear mechanism did engage. Tricky ...

I am not saying this is your problem but it is worth checking. Also check that guide and top hat are not contacting. This maybe could happen if a washer or washers are used on the top hat or if a too large diameter washer is used on the guide.
    Cheers, Phil

It's a custom guide made (I believe) by LSD, there is no top hat installed. I bought a standard 22 HC spring, guide and top hat off here a while ago, before I bought the gun. Starting to think previous owner has changed the spring to a longer one, binned the top hat after it possibly wouldn't cock? I'll compare to the standard internals later

I found on my hc if the trigger was set too light it stopped the safety engaging,I also put a drop of oil on the safety button too

Found this happened when I fitted a TBT kit, all the guides fit properly etc, in the end it turned out that the spring was coild bound once I added a second power-washer, So there is another reason.

Quote Originally Posted by shakeysimon View Post
    I found on my hc if the trigger was set too light it stopped the safety engaging,I also put a drop of oil on the safety button too
    How would the trigger setting affect the safety? Please forgive my ignorance 🤔

All good adove above and, also as above, do make sure that the safety catch is lubed.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    My TX200 HC is a lovely smooth shooter but I do often get caught out by not cocking it that last little notch to be able to release the under lever back into position. A small price to pay for a good rifle
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Mine is a Yanker.
    I met Tony leach at the spring bash and he told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it.
    unfortunately my sieve like brain didn't take it in properly so the best I can say is its an easy fix for someone in the know.
    Scorpion. 177 hornet. 177 txhc. 177 s200. 177 97. 177 99.177 95. 22 80. 22 vulcan. 22 excorcet. 22
    Trying hard to keep it down to 10 rifles.

I'll add another reason. I have an LGU piston in one of my guns and it will sometimes fail to set the safety. I put the original back and it always sets. I still don't know the reason, but it always does this with the LGU piston.

mod

Quote Originally Posted by dayglowfroggy View Post
    Mine is a Yanker.
    I met Tony leach at the spring bash and he told me exactly what was wrong and how to fix it.
    unfortunately my sieve like brain didn't take it in properly so the best I can say is its an easy fix for someone in the know.
    it would be nice to know the reason / mod to cure, it bugged me to the point I sold mine !!. even though many said "that's how some are" !!.

Guide / tophat length as mentioned.
    Trigger possibly gunked up or badly adjusted as mentioned.

Possibly the flange of the spring guide too thick.
    B.A.S.C. member

Quote Originally Posted by gc93 View Post
    it would be nice to know the reason / mod to cure, it bugged me to the point I sold mine !!. even though many said "that's how some are" !!.
    Same here, there should not be a need to yank/tug the lever, it should work correctly and smoothly everytime; although as you say, many say that's how some are.
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.