Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seeking information on a Walther LGU piston cylinder

Question Seeking information on a Walther LGU piston cylinder

Anyone know where I can buy a used or new piston cylinder for my Walther LGU?
    It seems that the importer, Armex is not interested so I will probably not buy any Walther items again because their customer service is the poorest I have yet to experience from any manufacturer or importer.
    None of the usual spare part suppliers I use (Airgun Spares or Chambers etc.) stock them.
    Cheers
    Ray

Here you go, Ray, and welcome to the BBS :-

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by itsray View Post
    It seems that the importer, Armex is not interested so I will probably not buy any Walther items again because their customer service is the poorest I have yet to experience from any manufacturer or importer.
    None of the usual spare part suppliers I use (Airgun Spares or Chambers etc.) stock them.
    Cheers
    Ray
    I'm fairly convinced that this apparent reluctance / inability to supply parts and the scant availability of any tuning / customising goodies must hold demand down for these rifles. Shame really.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    yup, as per Mick's post, order direct from Germany before the borders get nailed shut
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/

These are the people you want. they do the pistons, springs, seals etc etc. Fast reliable shipment to the UK. You may need to provide evidence of age etc ... passport page for instance.
    Cheers, Phil

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/

These are the people you want. they do the pistons, springs, seals etc etc. Fast reliable shipment to the UK. You may need to provide evidence of age etc ... passport page for instance.
    Cheers, Phil
    As per Mick's post
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Thumbs up A Great Big Thanx

Cheers guys for the info. I too believe that if ARMEX got its act together and started to supply parts, the same going for other parts suppliers such as Chambers and Airgun Spares then this fine rifle would receive better sales and reviews.

Who is the plonker at Armex holding back progress anyway? Let's name and shame him/her!

Contacting http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/ these today.

Lightbulb At last.....perhaps

Cheers
    Ray
    Cheers for the information diagram. I used it to find the site and have registered as a customer.
    Found the parts eventually which was not that easy because of the way their site is laid out but now having a dog of a job getting them to go into the basket.
    I have sent a message to then requesting their help and now just waiting for a reply.
    Definitely disappointed with Armex though so that's one customer loss for them. I will be sending a formal written complaint to their CEO for the total lack of any response from them on 3 separate occasions.

Cheers for the information diagram. I used it to find the site and have registered as a customer.
    Found the parts eventually which was not that easy because of the way their site is laid out but now having a dog of a job getting them to go into the basket.
    From what others have posted on here, I think you have to revert back to German to put items in your basket and go through checkout --- but I'm sure someone will be along to advise you properly.

Red face At last.....perhaps

Cheers
    Ray
    Found the parts eventually which was not that easy because of the way their site is laid out but had a dog of a job getting them to go into the basket. Then the nightmare of paying by credit card without the use of the translator which had to be turned off!
    Eventually I had success and now its a wait for delivery. just hope that that is more efficient than their website navigation.

Definitely disappointed with Armex though so I will probably be one customer less for them. I will be sending a formal written complaint to their CEO for the total lack of any response from them on 3 separate occasions. Customer service must be their weakest point!

Just out of interest, why do you need a new cylinder, Ray ?

I only ask as the cylinder is pretty much a none wearing component.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

I think he is after a piston not the cylinder itself
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by averageplinker View Post
    I think he is after a piston not the cylinder itself

Bugger, I'm about 7 miles outside Leicester and I have a brand new piston in my parts bin.

Might be wanting that one please, Mick, if you don't need it or no-one's asked for it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

The hole for the cocking lever is soft and burrs easily Mick.

Allegedly hardened on later models