Thread: S200 fill problem

S200 fill problem

I've a mkII S200 and when Im trying to fill it the cylinder won't accept any air at all. I've tried using a bottle and a pump but both to no avail. Never had any problems in the past.
    Anyone had this particular problem or know how to fix it? Cheers in advance

Will be interesting to see comments on this one. When was it last filled (has it been sat around for a long time or used regularly)?
    Treat Others As You Would Wish To Be Treated.

It sat for about a month without been used. It still has air in and was used fine until I went to top it up

as a quick check! unscrew the 200 tube and try filling it off the rifle .or cock the mechanism and then fill it with it cocked.

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    It sat for about a month without been used. It still has air in and was used fine until I went to top it up
    Doesn't sound like the valve seals have locked up from lack of use. You did not mention how you fill it. Does is have the snap on connector or the latest T bar connector? As mentioned above, the base of the cylinder can be filler using the MPR connector (see Edit), that's what I use on my Mk 2 Target (which has a pressure gauge on one end, and the MPR connector on the other).

Edit: MPR reference is incorrect, that is for an S400 MPR rifle. A link to the correct adapter for the early S200 is given in post #8.
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 20-07-2018 at 09:38 AM. Reason: Edit added.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Doesn't sound like the valve seals have locked up from lack of use. You did not mention how you fill it. Does is have the snap on connector or the latest T bar connector? As mentioned above, the base of the cylinder can be filler using the MPR connector, that's what I use on my Mk 2 Target (which has a pressure gauge on one end, and the MPR connector on the other).
    It's the old snap on connector. I've never heard of filling the cylinder from the base end. This could be a short term solution as I need the rifle for a week's time!

filler,

hi give the nipple on the male filler end a couple of sharp taps with the plastic end of a screw driver so it lets a little air out, sounds as if the nipple has seized, keep your hands away from the valve area though , atb gc93,

Quote Originally Posted by pumpygun View Post
    It's the old snap on connector. I've never heard of filling the cylinder from the base end. This could be a short term solution as I need the rifle for a week's time!
    Correction, the refill adapter that came with my Mk 2 (AA/CZ T200 Target rifle) is THIS one. It fits into the DIN outlet of a HPA cylinder, the removable S200 cylinder screws into the adaptor.

Sounds like the suggestion from gc93 covers the issue you have with the old snap on connector.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimstraight View Post
    Correction, the refill adapter that came with my Mk 2 (AA/CZ T200 Target rifle) is THIS one. It fits into the DIN outlet of a HPA cylinder, the removable S200 cylinder screws into the adaptor.

Sounds like the suggestion from gc93 covers the issue you have with the old snap on connector.
    Can't believe I've been so stupid
    I used to have a CZ colour that filled up that way. I'll get onto Best Fittings first thing