Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: For crying out loud!

Wembley Vulcan......heard it many times
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Stare LP10 anyone
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Anshoots?
    My wife DOES know how much my rifle cost - she bought it for me! Blaser R8 Success Mono LH with .22lr. .204 Ruger, 6.5 x 55 and .308

Quote Originally Posted by adiepie View Post
    Anshoots?
    Anschultz is the most common on here .

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....ight=anschultz

I remember seeing a deleted post on here where the OP spelled Anschutz right for someone to say its spelt Anschultz

Hammerelli. You'd think target shooters could at least focus on the letters they're reading?
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    My next door neighbour dives and calls them 'tanks'
    Does he call his fins "flippers".Amateur oldgrin:
    Last edited by Big Seth; 21-07-2018 at 07:53 PM.

And what about those BSA Lightenings? Seen many of those for sale!

Beach stock and piston sleave.

Unnecessary posts in sales threads. 'I would of brought that if you was closer'
    Keen but clueless..

Quote Originally Posted by Big Seth View Post
    Does he call his fins "flippers".Amateur oldgrin:
    Wouldn't know, subject came up when I saw him struggling gettting his kit out the car and offered him a sack barrow previous owner of house had left, he turned it down
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Describing a rifle as accurate when it gives a small group size. That is dispersion and nothing to do with accuracy no matter how often it has been printed as such.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    12 FPE seems to be used a lot . I always saw it written as 12 ft/lbs
    See... Now I've often wondered about this.... I wonder if. FPE as an abbreviation of "Foot Pound Energy" is in actual fact correct. Just taken this from a site on the net:

"Lb is an abbreviation of the Latin word libra. The primary meaning of libra was balance or scales (as in the astrological sign), but it also stood for the ancient Roman unit of measure libra pondo, meaning “a pound by weight.”

The operative word being "pound" in weight... Now although "libra Pondo" or "libra" itself is written as "lb" and "lbs" being plural, I don't see saying foot pounds energy "fpe" as being wrong.... Just different. Infact "fpe" is closer I think as although we call pounds lbs, lbs is actually an abbreviation for libra which is only half the wording.
    Interesting stuff a?
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    ...and anything in text speak.
    Absolutely

Quote Originally Posted by snock View Post
    12psi
    12fpe
    12 pounds of pressure

...and anything in text speak.
    rofl.....

Quote Originally Posted by rhyslightnin View Post
    See... Now I've often wondered about this.... I wonder if. FPE as an abbreviation of "Foot Pound Energy" is in actual fact correct. Just taken this from a site on the net:

"Lb is an abbreviation of the Latin word libra. The primary meaning of libra was balance or scales (as in the astrological sign), but it also stood for the ancient Roman unit of measure libra pondo, meaning “a pound by weight.”

The operative word being "pound" in weight... Now although "libra Pondo" or "libra" itself is written as "lb" and "lbs" being plural, I don't see saying foot pounds energy "fpe" as being wrong.... Just different. Infact "fpe" is closer I think as although we call pounds lbs, lbs is actually an abbreviation for libra which is only half the wording.
    Interesting stuff a?
    The unit of energy is expressed as a force of 1 pound moving 1 foot and the unit is therefore feet multiplied by pounds.
    That is "foot pounds" with or without a space
    abbreviated to ft lb or ftlb
    Same as a times b is "a b" or "ab"
    No hyphen, and definitely no forward slash ft/lb which is feet divided by pounds.

fpe is just plain bxllxcks, abbreviating an abbreviation .

edit: Just to be even more pedantic 12 ftlb is a measure of energy and not power. (nobody on this thread made that mistake but plenty of learned sites have)
    Power is the rate of producing or using energy eg ftlb/h so to double the power of a rifle just shoot twice as many pellets per hour!
    Last edited by TenMetrePeter; 22-07-2018 at 01:54 PM.

"I need to get rid of some of my rifle's." Get rid of some of your rifle's what? Crud? Tendency to miss the target? Idiosyncrasies?