Thread: BSA R10 regulator query

BSA R10 regulator query

When filling the cylinder/bottle the guage shows zero and no air discharges on firing.
    I'm guessing the valve/port at the end of regulator is at fault.
    Opinions please. If it is then what's the smart way to remove the spin cap or unscrew the reg.?
    Thanks for looking.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    When filling the cylinder/bottle the guage shows zero and no air discharges on firing.
    I'm guessing the valve/port at the end of regulator is at fault.
    Opinions please. If it is then what's the smart way to remove the spin cap or unscrew the reg.?
    Thanks for looking.
    I can recommend Carl at airtech in Telford. He knows the r10 inside out and should be able to help you with some advice on where to start.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning1981 View Post
    I can recommend Carl at airtech in Telford. He knows the r10 inside out and should be able to help you with some advice on where to start.
    Thanks. Will try to get contact detail.

If your gauge isn't showing pressure then are you sure there is air getting into the rifle?
    Gauges often don't indicate the pressure in the bottle due to the gauge having been over tightened squashing the O ring seal beneath the gauge and preventing air getting into the gauge, slacken the gauge a half a tun and see if it jumps up to show the bottle pressure.
    If still not indicating any pressure then I think you have a filling problem, the inlet valve may be blocked, but usually this allows air to leak out rather than stopping a gun filling.
    Search Youtube for videos by XTX Air, simple problems like the inlet valvev can easily be fixed if you follow his videos.
    As regards the anti-tamper cap on the regulator until you have made certain that there is air in the gun don't try to dismantle the regulator. I can tell you how to remove the reg but I wouldn't suggest doing so unless you are certain it is a reg fault.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!