Thread: Hot weather CO2

Hot weather CO2

Had a QB 78 in, full of gas but would not fire when hammer struck the valve. Stripped it down and fitted Delrin valve and new hammer spring. Was not sure if the high temp 33 degrees was making the pressure too high for the hammer spring to overcome or polyurethane seal was too soft for valve to lift off. Anyone else had a similar problem ? Working well now.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Not experienced it myself, but I'm sure I saw it when I attended the UKCAF bash last year. Similar temperatures and I remember one attendee cooling his QB down with a wet towel, I think for the same reason you gave.

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    A couple of weeks ago I went to shoot my Crosman 600 in my attic range. It was (and had been for some time) Bloody hot up there, and that's were I store my CO2.
    Anyway the pistol refused to cycle properly and seemed noisier than usual on each shot that worked. I bought the pistol downstairs and left it overnight to cool, loaded up a fresh cool CO2 capsule and tried it in the garage. Result- it worked perfectly!
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk