Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pest control in a builders yard

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    And I take the same view with my shooting. Responsibility for that with the landowner.
    I thought it was worth mentioning though as the buiders yard could be in a built up area and shooting night or day may be seen.
    My feral shooting is all on farms in rural areas and seen by no one.
    Easy enough to put the landowner wise then if he does get asked, he has the answer

Thinking back, in the early 90's, I had permission in a builders yard located next to a football ground in the middle of a large city (Sheffield) . Never had any hassle. Public perception has changed though.

Fair point Rob, good call.

I thought I covered it under the "leave no evidence", I should have added "try not to get get seen" too...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    . Under the road traffic act, you may not discharge a firearm within 50' of the centre of a highway (scares the horses don't you know).
    This is not strictly true: it is an offense without lawful authority or reasonable excuse to discharge any firearm within fifty feet (approx 15 metres) of the centre of a highway which consists of or comprises a carriageway, and in consequence a user of the carriageway is injured, interrupted or endangered.

A builders yard may well have carriageways (public right of way for vehicles) or be near one or more and it is not illegal per sae to shoot by them.

Good job too as many houses are within 50 feet of the centre of a highway and you would not be able to even shoot your rifle indoors!
    Last edited by Frog; 21-07-2018 at 10:56 AM.

My youngest son works in a local builders yard, and has permission to shoot the ferals after hours, as they tend to sit in the sheet materials shed & the company is fed up of losing sheets of ply and plasterboard to them - his usual trick is to shoot them with one of the roof girders behind them (so no problems with shoot through) & have a couple of old carrier bags that they can be put into for the site skip. His biggest problem is getting up to the level to see them, as they tend to tuck themselves into tight corners
    Good hunting!