WHY DO SHOPS DO IT, JUST WHY

I went into my local big gun shop yesterday to look for a gun for my daughter. While there I saw a TX200 with a better stock than my new TX200. I thought about it and decided to go back today with my TX200 and compare. If the new gun did have a better stock, I'd buy it just for the stock and sell the new gun straight on at a discount with my existing new TX200 mint stock on it.

I'd get a nicer stock and somebody would get a new gun at a discount, win win.

But NO !!!

The new gun did indeed have a nicer stock (in my eye), BUT there was a deep dent in the butt about 10mm long and well deep enough to get most of you thumb nail in So it was a total NO SALE from me The shop said the dent was caused by their padlocks and it could be filled and sanded out.

I understand some people (hunters maybe?) would not be bothered by a dent, and maybe offers a discount opportunity? But surely mishandling their stock like this devalues the stock and reduces to chance of a sale? They'd have sold a gun today if it wasn't for the nasty dent!

I'm gutted, as I'm a cabinet maker and wood grain means a lot to me, so not to have this opportunity of getting nicer stock because they can't store their goods properly is disappointing at best

Rant over (for now)
Rob.