Thread: WHY, JUST WHY :mad: !!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy Bohannon View Post
    Ah, sorry to hear that.

How much would have been down if you had been able to carry out your plan?

I wonder if it might not be worth taking a trip to the air arms factory and picking a stock yourself.

They let you do it when you're buying a high grade rifle or shotgun, maybe the guys down there will understand?
    That is a brilliant idea, I would be totally happy to travel to AA if I could chose a nice stock. It would be an 8 hour all day travelling job, but worth it.

I would have knocked of £50 off making it the cheapest new TX200 in the UK!

I'll email AA and beg

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    Begging email sent, fingers crossed
    Let us know. I had no idea AA had a retail counter.

I completely agree - if I'm buying new, then it's got to be 'new' - I wouldn't buy a new car with a dent, the same goes for a new gun - yes, I've bought & sold second hand guns (and cars) with dings, but the price has always reflected that.

AA replied to me today.

They said Beach stocks are all bland and do not have any character or grain to talk of, so they can't help me. They said walnut is the wood to buy if you want good grain.

I'm very surprised by their lack of knowledge of the wood they sell. As a time served cabinet maker and somebody with eyes that work, I can clearly see beach stocks ARE different and I have seen much better stocks on new TX200's recently.

I offered to travel across the country (10 hours at least) to save them the bother of posting, and chose from some stocks they offer me in their carpark (so not even set foot in their building).

Nope, no go

I have been shooting AA for 7 years and they helped me with my S400 walnut stock years ago (got lucky I guess). On a video on Youtube by Blackpool guns 'Hot Air', they said AA are moving wholesalers so they can get closer to their customers.

I was hoping for a better more helpful response. Oh well, I'll just buy another TX200 when I see it and sell the guts on. AA get a bigger win that way as they sell another whole gun.