Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Theoben HE system went BANG on cocking

Theoben HE system went BANG on cocking

AS above went bang on cocking. Stripdown followed, shrader valve out but still under pressure as i was unable to remove the large circlip that holds it all in
    anyway into the lath with a bit of offset apply pressure and remove circlip. Unwind and pop again (so be carefull)all stripped down O rings sourced and time for Re-build
    So wanted advice on lubricant on the gas ras ram (Not piston) I.E silicon or grease or advice taken

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Engine oil for the ram insides. A teaspoon full I'm sure I read.

Stripping guide here http://www.dursley.org.uk/air/gasramsstrip.pdf
    A teaspoon full might be a bit much...…. interesting that the OP still had pressure in the system after unscrewing the Schrader. This is the pressure that has got in behind the (unvented) inertia weight I suppose. Out of sheer nosiness 10/10, did your inertia weight have a small hole drilled through it or not? I remember Rhyslightnin and I having to drill a hole in his in order to relieve pressure and allow us to strip the rest of it all safely.

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    A teaspoon full might be a bit much...…. interesting that the OP still had pressure in the system after unscrewing the Schrader. This is the pressure that has got in behind the (unvented) inertia weight I suppose. Out of sheer nosiness 10/10, did your inertia weight have a small hole drilled through it or not? I remember Rhyslightnin and I having to drill a hole in his in order to relieve pressure and allow us to strip the rest of it all safely.
    Pffffffffffffft!!
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Theoben

Thats the best part of you gone

Quote Originally Posted by 10/10 View Post
    Thats the best part of you gone
    Seriously mate, let it go. You got found out, you got banned & your back, dont give yourself a bloody migraine. I only commited on this thread because I was reminiscing of the sinaro at in severnsiders shed when we were drilling a hole in the inertia weight on my gas ram, the hilarious thing about it is we were both slightly worried about what might happen as we knew there was allot of pressure trapped behind it so as severnsider was cowering behind me I tentatively pushed the arm of the pillar drill down. All that happened was this pffffffffffffft! (As I had suspected but your never quite sure ) And it spat oil & swarf all over the drill chuck...,
    You never know I may be able to help you with that nice new SLR you bought
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

Theoben

To Ryhslightnin please post any comments on any thread that i have posted either now or in the future.
    You have neithher the knowledge or the the skills in any subject that maybe of interest to me
    Thank you. No reply necessary

To Ryhslightnin please post any comments on any thread that i have posted either now or in the future.
    You have neithher the knowledge or the the skills in any subject that maybe of interest to me
    You're right out of order here, whoever you are "10/10". So far it's 0/10 for you in my book...….. but what do we know, eh? Try and recognise genuine offers of help when you see them. After all, you asked the question - if you're not going to like the responses then don't ask in future.

Theoben

Please dont make comment on a matter you know nothing about.
    My initial post was on which lubricant to use on inside of gas ram
    If you have any advice on this matter that would be good

Please dont make comment on a matter you know nothing about.
    My initial post was on which lubricant to use on inside of gas ram
    If you have any advice on this matter that would be good
    Already told you - a few drops of engine oil. A "thank you" would have been appreciated...…………………..

Theoben

Thank you What grade?

IL post where I like mate it's an open forum so long as I obey the rules

Quote Originally Posted by severnsider View Post
    You're right out of order here, whoever you are "10/10". So far it's 0/10 for you in my book...….. but what do we know, eh? Try and recognise genuine offers of help when you see them. After all, you asked the question - if you're not going to like the responses then don't ask in future.
    This is what it's about severnsider... You may have read before..
    http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....=Theoben+slr98
    He broke the rules got banned (and an SLR) and spent alot of time trying to insult me and others who wanted to point out the rules. Yes I had to let my flippant sarcasm get involved but nothing unusual there.
    On another note I must get up and collect my barrels from you

Theoben

Thread now closed
    Thank you to all the sensible people with there advice
    Gun all back together and sorted With a nice new cocking dog i had made

Thread now closed
    Thank you to all the sensible people with there advice
    Gun all back together and sorted
    Budding moderator here

I have always found Reece to be a knowledgeable and pleasant chap, with an extremely good understanding of the air rifle in question. I read the thread originally thinking i may be able to help, but I think judging from the above post all i could recommend would be if you can't say anything nice, perhaps don't say anything at all.

Chris