Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: biggest UK air gun shop?

biggest UK air gun shop?

OK Guys,

I think it's come to this, I need to go to the biggest air rifle shop in the UK so my daughter can see and feel as many guns as she can so she can chose one. Looking on the net for hours is fun, but not like holding the real thing. My daughter was adamant she didn't like a type of Daystate until she saw it in a shop, then she understood

So, where do I have to go to see the most amount of spring guns in the UK?

(we've been to all our local shops)

Thanks,
    Rob

Sportsman Exeter is probably biggest gun shop. But shared with air, rim/centrefire and shotgun. Don't remember seeing many springers.

We have a Sportsman in Newport. It's OK, but not a huge range of air stuff, and even less high end springers.

I was hoping Brum would have a big shop somewhere. Brum is only an hour and a half away up the M5.

Would Solware have what we are looking for ??

Air rifle range

Drapers at Nottingham have a good display of guns in glass fronted cases all around the shop but you might not find too friendly or they could have improve .

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbeam View Post
    We have a Sportsman in Newport. It's OK, but not a huge range of air stuff, and even less high end springers.

I was hoping Brum would have a big shop somewhere. Brum is only an hour and a half away up the M5.

Would Solware have what we are looking for ??
    Solware is tiny . You could get around ten people in the display section . I don't remember seeing much airguns on display there when I was in last year.

Quote Originally Posted by bullbarrel View Post
    Sportsman Exeter is probably biggest gun shop. But shared with air, rim/centrefire and shotgun. Don't remember seeing many springers.
    They've got a double depth wall rack with 20+ HW springers, and a double sided free standing rack with another 20+non HW & any used, plus another double depth wall rack of PCP's, (HW, BSA, Daystate, AA) a display case full of pistols, another full of pellets & mods, & another full of airgun scopes.
    And that's only about 15% of the floor space

They claim to be the biggest gun shop in Europe, if you haven't been there it's a full size factory unit on an industrial estate.
    And there are another 6 decent RFD's within 40miles of Exeter although only 2 or 3 have a lot of airguns.
    Last edited by angrybear; 22-07-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Exeter sounds bigger than our Sportsman in Newport.
    Exeter is only about as far away from us as Brum, so very 'doable'
    May well be worth a spin over there next week.
    Thanks.

If you do then I'd say Blue Fox Glen is well worth a visit, although due to road closures it's a bit hard to get to unless you know the back roads, & Heavitree gun & sport is only 2 miles or so from Sportsman.

Thumbs up for Laurie at Gun and Sport at Heavitree (Exeter) and James at Blue Fox. In my experience they are both highly deserving of a visit.
    www.shebbearshooters.co.uk. Ask for Rich and try the coffee

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    If you do then I'd say Blue Fox Glen is well worth a visit, although due to road closures it's a bit hard to get to unless you know the back roads, & Heavitree gun & sport is only 2 miles or so from Sportsman.
    I've been here three years and not heard of Blue Fox Glade before. Bit off my beaten track though.

And if the OP is coming this far then a little bit further down to Newton Abbot is worth visiting for Country Sports and Crackshot (air only, complete with indoor range).

And go home via Rifleman Firearms in Hambridge is worth stopping into last to test your new purchases out on their 90 yard target rich range Open late one evening.

if you go to exeter, ask for clive

Vist your local friendly airgun club.

There you will not only be able to handle the guns but in my personal experience the club members are more than willing to let you have a go with them. Far better that the 5m range that most guns shops have (if your lucky). Listen to their experiences, after all they have bought and lived with the gun and you never know there may be something of interest on the club notice board.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Gun shop

I don't know your daughter, but surely the deciding factor is not going to be fit. Accuracy, or weight, but the fact that it's PINK!
    When I die don't let my wife sell my guns for what she thinks I gave for them!!!

If you are looking for large

Have a day trip to Blackpool and visit BAR, Blackpool air rifles, I phoned ahead and they had both my choices in and I was able to handle both and also looked at their range of used, mainly pre charged though.
    I was able to handle both guns with no pressure, and finally choose a HW 97kt. Very friendly and helpful staff. HTH David

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    Blue Fox Glade is a great place. Dr Paddy took me to one of their open nights a year, or so ago. 😎
    You only have one body to live in, look after it.