Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
I have my scope addiction under control Well less bad than it was.

Only five too many, but all keepers for rifles that someday I might get round to buying. Thats down from 15! All vintage and mostly mint for vintage rifles. Two I have two of and on shooting rifles. Really annoying there is one, that I have already, and would have another on the bay right this minute... and boys toys funds are low. Its vintage, all for air rifles.

There are only two scopes I want for my next two full bore rifles and both big ticket priced, but then so are the rifles they are to go on. Those are just future dream aspirations that will happen if I keep working hard!!!

Had an upgrade the other week that didn't cost too much. New Bushnell bought and old MTC sold. So good the Bushnell deal that I could let the MTC go for a sensible low price. (1) The Bushnell was a better quality day scope and worked fine for the NV. In truth this is mid range scope on a high ticket custom rifle just for the NV. (2)It once had a fantastic Zeiss day scope, but as that didn't work with the NV, the Zeiss had to go

I've had a good 75 scopes over the years (air rifle collection was getting out of control). From all those there were just a few gems.
Zeiss and Swaro do the best glass, the latter has the edge; but thankfully few rifles really need that kind of glass and in truth both these brands' ranges are very "sporting shooting" specific.
There are poor scopes that are more trouble than they are worth. There are good scopes that are OK. And then there are real gems. But if a scope doesn't suit a rifle or the shooting discipline even if a gem then there is really little point in keeping or buying it. So buy the rifle and then buy the scope to match the rifle, all whilst getting the correct mounts that suit both. (3) You know you have got it right when the scope stays on that rifle for years and years.
1. What Bushnell? May be interested in a quality scope that works with NV...

2. This is what happened with my vortex viper.. I'd actually like to put this back on my huntsman and maybe ditch the NV idea, or just buy a specific NV gun.

3. Yep know that one, I reckon the Meopta 6x42 on my theoben has probably corroded itself on to that gun!!
Thanks for your input!