Thread: GML S400 valuation

GML S400 valuation

Hi Guys,

I'm wondering if you can help me with a valuation on a .177 GML S400 please?

Gun was purchased by me in 2003 having been converted by Nick Jenkinson with the fac length cylinder, classic barrel and 3 sear trigger conversion. The rifle was then sent to Mick Troman for a full GML conversion with the oversize bolt, brass pellet tray, alloy muzzle break and internal fettle, this was conversion number nine. The rifle stayed like this until 3 years ago when it was serviced by Jeff Westley and a brand new classic cylinder and carbine barrel were fitted (these parts were supplied by Shaun at ISP and blued by him). The rifle had a visit to Shaun 2 months ago for a full trigger rebuild and check over. Currently the gun sits in a hft500 adjustable laminate stock with a mec adjustable buttpad, Rowan trigger guard and Rowan adjustable trigger blade.

Thanks

Pete
    Last edited by 666; 24-07-2018 at 11:16 AM. Reason: add info

IMO opinion you may need to re-think advertising this as a GML as with all the changes I would say that it is a custom S400 but not a true, as original GML.

As for valuation, given the stock. MEC plate and couple of Rowan bits I reckon you are looking at around the £450 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    IMO opinion you may need to re-think advertising this as a GML as with all the changes I would say that it is a custom S400 but not a true, as original GML.

As for valuation, given the stock. MEC plate and couple of Rowan bits I reckon you are looking at around the £450 mark.

Hi thanks for your reply.

The rifle still has the gml parts that were fitted at time of conversion, its just been shortened technically. From original spec i have only added a Rowan trigger blade and guard. The cylinder length varied depending on what base rifle you gave them or specified at the time (fac cylinder/classic barrel or classic cylinder/carbine barrel and one or two "stumpies" were made) I knew Mick and Lee well and had 4 GML rifles coverted by them 2x S400 and the only 2 S410 GMLs done.

I still see this as genuine GML personally but appreciate your info/valuation.

Pete

A friend sold one recently for £550 that was full original spec and in a period CS1000 stock which I believe was commonly used at the time.

If a collector was after a GML I reckon this would be more desirable but yours is definitely more practical for modern HFT use IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotherham Owl View Post
    A friend sold one recently for £550 that was full original spec and in a period CS1000 stock which I believe was commonly used at the time.

If a collector was after a GML I reckon this would be more desirable but yours is definitely more practical for modern HFT use IMO.
    Thanks for your advice Mr Owl :-)

Cheers

Pete

I had one in a multi adjustable Paul Wilson Ft stock- Chris Cundey's thoroughbred-I sold it back to Chris for around £500.00.
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Quote Originally Posted by Baxterbasics View Post
    I had one in a multi adjustable Paul Wilson Ft stock- Chris Cundey's thoroughbred-I sold it back to Chris for around £500.00.
    Thanks Graham.

Seems like £500 ish is the way to go following bbs feedback. I will try and get some pics done tomorrow and get a sales advert up.

Cheers again guys

Pete