Quote Originally Posted by absolute0 View Post
Thanks Norm for the idea of using the candle wax.
I think I must have a newer model as the hex screw that holds the breech on is nearer to the rear, where it doesn't get in the way of the pellet or loading.

I'm in the process of building my own chronograph, so will get some readings before I put in the extended probe.
That’s interesting, is the screw still in the groove that the pellet / probe run in, but further back ? If so that will be a definite improvement over the earlier models !
I wonder how thier securing the front of the breech to the main valve body ?

On the older models the pellet probe has a relatively short conical end with a short ‘pin’ in the end. When I first got a crosman 2250, I checked out several of the tuning sites and everyone was saying by putting in a longer thinner pin in the end of the probe you push the pellet slightly further past the transfer port and the thinner pin allows a better passage of the the Co2 past it and into the skirt of the pellet.

Not sure if they’re still on the BBS but there used to be several real crosman ratcatcher tuners, some had some cracking looking guns with very good mods.

Have fun, most people who get hooked on tuning these guns end up spending far more than they’re worth, ( me included ) but that’s part of the fun of turning an average cheapish Co2 gun into something more accurate and unique !

Norm