Thread: Diana Ntec models

Diana Ntec models

Does anyone know if the Ntec range of guns can be swapped over to spring power?
    Just wondering....
    Dave

I remember watching u tube video from the shot show Diana stand and from their description of the gas ram guns, I'd say you could not just pop a spring and guide in replacement of the gas strut.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnyone View Post
    Does anyone know if the Ntec range of guns can be swapped over to spring power?
    Just wondering....
    Dave
    It would be like getting a T06 kit, new piston and trigger

Thanks both👍

Having a little rethink on the matter.

Best regards,
    Dave

Plenty of people have converted Theobens to spring.

But why would you pay more for an n-tec and then spend more time and money converting to spring when you could just buy a springer in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Plenty of people have converted Theobens to spring.

But why would you pay more for an n-tec and then spend more time and money converting to spring when you could just buy a springer in the first place?
    A very good and very valid question fella
    And one that I have now confirmed by the feedback here. It simply isn't worth it. There was a reason I was asking in the first place though.
    All the info indicating that though possible the ntec n spring Dianas are quite different beasts internally and some quite major transplant surgery is needed to go from gas ram to springer. Just not worth the bother.
    Good to know the answers though👍.
    Dave

If ,say, I had been seduced by the superior looks of a walnut stocked, carbine barreled 340 Luxus and found its performance or manners fell short of its looks, I would definitely consider a spring conversion. Very likely in conjunction with tuning work or a tuning kit.
    Total costs would be considerable but I would have something quite special, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    If ,say, I had been seduced by the superior looks of a walnut stocked, carbine barreled 340 Luxus and found its performance or manners fell short of its looks, I would definitely consider a spring conversion. Very likely in conjunction with tuning work or a tuning kit.
    Total costs would be considerable but I would have something quite special, I think.
    But would you gain more than holding out for a walnut Webley/Venom Sidewinder (Tomahawk) or Sidewinder Compact (Longbow) or a V-Mach HW95?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    But would you gain more than holding out for a walnut Webley/Venom Sidewinder (Tomahawk) or Sidewinder Compact (Longbow) or a V-Mach HW95?
    Yes....

A very good and very valid question fella
    And one that I have now confirmed by the feedback here. It simply isn't worth it. There was a reason I was asking in the first place though.
    All the info indicating that though possible the ntec n spring Dianas are quite different beasts internally and some quite major transplant surgery is needed to go from gas ram to springer. Just not worth the bother.
    Good to know the answers though👍.
    Dave
    Why don't you like it in current form?

This is a very valid reason for purchasing! You may even like the gas ram. I would of thought some bespoke bits could convert to spring power if needed.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Agreed. And certainly if that conversion was carried out by one of the noteworthy aficionados of tuning that are around. Something quite special at the end of things.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Why don't you like it in current form?
    Hi peddy,
    I don't dislike gas rams per se- though I have to say that the only one I have ever tried was a new HW90 some years ago and that shook my.fillings loose so I certainly didn't fall in.love with it.
    I had chewed over importing a Diana and had simply pondered the feasibility of converting to spring power and if this was a DIY process.
    Dave

Hi peddy,
    I don't dislike gas rams per se- though I have to say that the only one I have ever tried was a new HW90 some years ago and that shook my.fillings loose so I certainly didn't fall in.love with it.
    I had chewed over importing a Diana and had simply pondered the feasibility of converting to spring power and if this was a DIY process.
    Dave
    Ok I see, I'd expect quite a lot if expense, try searching the video from shot show. I've a Diana 280 that's a pretty good springer, may be an easier purchase. It's strange how there's different opinions on the hw90, I've got two in both calibres and at 11fpe they both shoot as good as any of my hw springers and dead easy to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Ok I see, I'd expect quite a lot if expense, try searching the video from shot show. I've a Diana 280 that's a pretty good springer, may be an easier purchase. It's strange how there's different opinions on the hw90, I've got two in both calibres and at 11fpe they both shoot as good as any of my hw springers and dead easy to maintain.
    I don't actually own a 280 but they seem very well designed for the UK market. Having- or at.least it seems to me having just the right amount of displacement for the UK limit. I wouldn't rule out ever getting one but I have others on.my sights before that one. Are they still within the current Diana range though as I've mot seen or heard much of them of late?
    And perhaps you are right actually, perhaps I've let the HW90 colour my judgment. Anyhow its jot to say that the Ntecs are the same. Very likely to be be an improvement over HW.
    Dave