Thread: BSA R10 query update

BSA R10 query update

Well that was easy considering I've not even handled a PCP before let alone worked on one.
    Looking at diagrams convinced it was blockage some where between fill valve(?) and gauge/regulator. Stripped everything carefully in step sequence with cylinder attached to give a controlled squirt of air at each stage and found this. No not the pin Assume it entered via the quick fill port maybe. To recap symptoms were no reading on gauge and no discharge of air on firing. Back together and working well in my inexperienced opinion.
    Oh and though got no suggestions removing the spin cap regulator is so easy!:thumb:
    Thanks for looking

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    found this. No not the pin Assume it entered via the quick fill port maybe
    What is it ?
    Custom BSA S10 .22 PAX Phoenix Mk 2 .22 Custom Titan Manitou .22 (JB BP) HW77 .22 FWB Sport Mk1 .22 Sharp Ace .22 Crossman 600 .22 Berretta 92 .20 Desert Eagle .177

Non magnetic, takes a bite, pellet debris is favourite but not convinced. Could be aluminium or similar alloy from internal part.
    Someone has had a fiddle before I got into it so anything is possible.

Looks like a bit of swarf broken out from the tip of a drill as it has drilled through. It was probably in there from assembly at BSA, not uncommon to find bits of swarf in them. Every now and then a few seem to miss the cleaning stages between operations on BSA's production line.
    Sorry didn't have chance to reply about the anti-tamper cap on the reg was busy looking after my mum over the weekend.
    BSA Super10 addict, other BSA's inc GoldstarSE, Original (Diana) Mod75's, Diana Mod5, HW80's, SAM 11K... All sorted!

I'd agree with tom, looks like the last bit of swarf from a hole as the drill breaks through, that maybe was still attached during cleaning & later broke free.

Quote Originally Posted by deejayuu View Post
    Well that was easy considering I've not even handled a PCP before let alone worked on one.
    Looking at diagrams convinced it was blockage some where between fill valve(?) and gauge/regulator. Stripped everything carefully in step sequence with cylinder attached to give a controlled squirt of air at each stage and found this. No not the pin Assume it entered via the quick fill port maybe. To recap symptoms were no reading on gauge and no discharge of air on firing. Back together and working well in my inexperienced opinion.
    Oh and though got no suggestions removing the spin cap regulator is so easy!:thumb:
    Thanks for looking
    How did you remove the regulator cap?

A.G

Thanks for support all. Hope Mum's OK Rancidtom.